Author Topic: LEPINE  (Read 15501 times)

Offline Myjinka

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LEPINE
« Reply #36 on: Monday 19 June 17 17:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Jon,

On the whole I believe the family where basically Protestant however the odd member seems to have been Catholic and several married in Registrar Offices.  Mind you if you split my family down to the four lines of my grandparents/great grandparents then you'll find a mixture of Protestant and Catholic and it would seem to be a family who changed circumstances to suit themselves.
I was always lead to believe they were Protestants but as I said I have come across those members that certainly weren't.
According to the marriage certificate I have, Jules Etienne Ambroise lepine married Alexandrine Maria Evrevin in the Catholic Chapel in Cornwall Place, Islington but of course, I have no way of knowing or rather I haven't come across anything to advise me as to which one of them was Catholic or if both were.
I have however just looked at the war records of several of his grandsons that lost their lives in the Great War and they have stated they were Church of England.
I have to admit at times they have proved to be very difficult to pin down and some have completely vanished probably because they perhaps started to spell Lepine differently.  Doesn't help, does it.
Regards Prue

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.