Author Topic: michael fenlon 3 wifes  (Read 33859 times)

Offline KeysersLane

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: michael fenlon 3 wifes
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 10 January 15 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Shorts, I have been on Rootschat for about 2 minutes and up pops a photo that literally brought tears to my eyes. I was stunned to see my aunt Maggie standing there, in a photo I've never seen before, and John to her right.  Do you know the names of the woman and man behind Maggie? I have only recently returned to Wexford and hope to do a little research myself. Thank you so much for the emotional rollercoaster.

Offline shorts

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 12 January 15 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi - The two others in the photo are still living so I can't name them but the lady is the sister of John Dalton and the man her husband. The older lady on the extreme left is John's Mother, Mary Ellen Bonas (nee Dalton) born 1907 in King St, Wexford Town.

John was born out of wedlock around 1926 in Barrack St and raised initially by a Fenlon family (A Luke and Bab's Fenlon - also in Barrack St per DUKESLANE)

I also understand from DUKESLANE that Maggie Fenlon had 6 siblings, Richard, Mary, Martin, Jack, Luke and Katie - all deceased. Which part of the family do you decend from?

Steve 
Dalton: Wexford Town/Ireland
Curran: Ballyvaloo/Blackwater/Co Wexford/Ireland
Clowery/Farrell: Wexford Town/Ireland
Flood: Enniscorthy & Wexford/Ireland
Ormand/Kirwan: Blackwater/Co Wexford/Ireland
Shortman: Bristol/Westbury-on-Trym/Manchester
Trull: Uley/Dursley/Glos
Cross: Dursley/Glos
Hazard: Bristol/Manchester

Offline KeysersLane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 12 January 15 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Shorts, yes I guessed that might be the case.  Maggie was Richard's sister and he was my father. I understand that Martin drowned in Wexford when he was around 16 years old. I have a photo of John Dalton from around 1960 that I will put up when I can figure out how to.

Offline dukeslane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 13 January 15 17:09 GMT (UK) »
hi keyerslane
not sure if we have spoken before my mother was first cousin to your father Richard my aunty was briggie harris  ,alan

Offline alanAF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 21 February 15 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi my name is Fenlon (Phenlon) as it was first spelt from France, I have traced my familey to Clonroch ?.Kellys town Wexford
they are lisred in the census in Maudlington Wexford. They moved to Liverpool West Derby area then to Salford and Manchester.

Offline dukeslane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 19:34 GMT (UK) »
hi alanAF
just see your message are your fenlons from wexford town and how far have you gone back my great great grandfather was Michael fenlon he was known as father of the fenlons

Offline alanAF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
 I have gone back to around 1802, Familey was Wexford area, Mauldlington in south wexford it seems the
  census reads Patrick Phenlon, next census is spelt Fenlon , we trace a Jerimiah comming to England and
 at sometime going to Yokohama Japan with the Railways and also going to Natal in Africa.
 Not found a Michael in the line mostly Patrick , Hugh Patrick and Frederick seem to be used mostly but I havent
 been able to trace any family who stayed in Wexford been there many times a few years ago before I traced what I have found on Ancestry site.

Offline dukeslane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 26 February 15 21:18 GMT (UK) »
hi alanAF
I have come across this family of fenlons going back to a Patrick fenlon i have found no connection to them but my Michael was born in Carlow around 1801/2 he came to wexford with the milisha ans settled in wexford until his death in 1900 i did find a family in Carlow that looks like its michaels family and there was all so a brother Patrick in family and when check milisha records there was a Michael and Patrick together so your Patrick could have settled in wexford from Carlow and may well be michaels brother hope this as not confused you

Offline alanAF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 26 February 15 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
 I need to look into this a little further I am seeing a friend next week who is better at the research than I am
 I will give him your information and look further into it, I only followed my line as you know it's very time consuming
 I will look sideways now if I find anything I will post it next week for you to see.
 Regards,
           Alan.