Author Topic: michael fenlon 3 wifes  (Read 33711 times)

Offline alanAF

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: michael fenlon 3 wifes
« Reply #27 on: Friday 26 June 15 21:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Michael, sorry not posted for a while, can't seem to find info on family member, Jeremiah Fenlon born maulington 1841, married Mary Nolan, moved to Salford, Mcr, trying to trace his parents, can anyone help please.

Offline Shirley Sweetland

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 18 April 16 07:48 BST (UK) »
Hi I am searching for my Gt x 3 Grandfather Miles Dalton said to have signed with the 5th Dragoon Guards at Wexford. The first official record I have of him is at his daughters baptism in 1811 at Mitcham, Surrey England where he was quartered.

He died at Colchester barracks/ hospital later that year.

Wife Catherine, children Edward b: 1805c place unknown. Alicia b: 1811c place unknown. The children were inmates of the Royal Military Asylum, Chelsea. All 3 died quite young.

Regards
Shirley Sweetland Skinner
Sweetland-Sth London/Wilts
Dalton- Battersea/Mitcham/Merton/City of London
Godwin- Wilts
Murison- Scotland/USA/Quebec
Skinner/Latter/Moon - Tonbridge & Wadhurst
Banks - Merton, Surrey

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 18 April 16 09:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Shirley,

Is your post related to Michael Fenlon ?

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Whitemill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 11 May 16 15:44 BST (UK) »
Hello Alan, I think I am your cousin and would very much appreciate if you could confirm this. It appears that we share a grandfather. My grandfather was Michael Fenlon. My mother was Mary Carty nee Fenlon known to all the family as Sis. My mother was sister to Michael Fenlon known to the family as Micky Dooley. They were the children of Michaels first marriage.
I have recently started researching my family tree and my intention is to get back to the Father of All the Fenlons and  try to find out what happened to his children. I found your postings here on RootsChat. It would appear that you have gathered a lot of information and I think your information could save me a lot of time . I look forward to hearing from you. Whitemill

Offline alanAF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 12 May 16 12:13 BST (UK) »
Hi , nice to hear from you, can't say I have come across the names carty or dooley I have a tree on ancestry under my wife's maiden name (platt).Michael seems to be part of my line but not 100% sure, my side is very interesting because of their travels. I've been to wexford several times found the original home in clonroach (kellys town).grandad was Hugh patrick from Salford , his father Frederick was born in Yokohama, his father Jerimiaha was born in Mauldlinton near wexford, hope this is helpful to you. Alan.

Offline Whitemill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 12 May 16 13:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Dukeslane and AlanAF.
Alan AF I was hoping for a response from Dukeslane Alan because I am his cousin and he seems to have done lots of research already. I don't doubt that on my journey I will bump into your Fenlon line. I shall post anything I find for your perusal. Whitemill 

Offline dukeslane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 17 May 16 17:57 BST (UK) »
hi whitemill
yes i am your cousin remember aunt sis very well when i was younger she would sit me down and tell me lots of stories about wexfordif i can help you i will what would u like to no im living in bromley kent

Offline Whitemill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hello Dukeslane. Thanks for responding to my request. I have sent a personal message with my contact details and hope to hear from you soon. Whitemill

Offline exwexman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 09 July 16 22:24 BST (UK) »
Hi all, sorry that there seems to be a long gap between the last posting and mine, but i am still trying to get used to the PC. This may be of some help in tracing members of the Fenlon Family. My Father was Patrick Smith and was born in no 2 Keysers Lane Wexford Town, August 1910 and at the Census1911 in which he is named alongside another Brother John and another half Brother Michael Fenlon age given as 6 yrs old. My Grand Parents were John Smith and Ellen Smith nee Fenlon. I myself, was born in No 5 Gulbar Road, Maudlintown, alongside my Sisters Ellen (Nellie) Kathleen and brothers Michael and the youngest Billy and lived there till just after the death of my Mother who died on my birthday 20 October 1945. My Mother`s maiden name was Farrell and there are quite a few of them still living in the Wexford Town Area. My Father remarried soon after the death of our Mother and we left Wexford in the Spring of 46,  much to the regret of our maternal Grand Parents  Michael and Kathleen Farrell who had been looking after us after Mother`s death, and looking after us well, i might add, so they were in tears when we left. We were told we were going to a new home in England, but were told, whilst on a train with Father and stepmother, that he, my Father had just received a letter informing him that,the home we were supposed to be going to had gone and that we would be taken to a nice place where we would be looked after till they got some other housing arranged. As i have written earlier i was now well past my 9 years of age, and when he had said he had just gotten a letter i looked out of the train window which was hurtling along and i wondered how fast that Postman must have been travelling to have delivered. When the train stopped and we got off, i looked at the station name and it read Belfast and us children  whispered to each other our worries as to what was occuring. After a short bus ride 10 minutes or so we got off and were walked up a very long driveway to what i know now as an Orphanage, Nazareth Lodge Orphanage for Boys. That was when my heart sank, when Father and stepmother said their goodbyes to  us and took  our sisters with them to another place for girl As i have written i was into my tenth year but i sobbed  my heart out along with my brother Michael when the nun closed that big door after my Father left. i will not dwell on on anything else here except to mention that when we left Maudlintown, which we loved and still do, we left behind the baby of the family, Billy, in the care of our Grand Parents  John and Kathleen Farrell, he was so lucky to be loved and cared for by the both of them. RIP. We left the nuns in the Spring of 47 and walking down that driveway away from that place i was frightened to look back in case i was called back, which did not happen Thank God. Anyway came to England and lived in London for a couple of years before settling In Romford which is in East London, and have been married to my wife Barbara for 55 years this 5th August. Sorry. i forgot to say that my sister Ellen RIP found out where Billy was in later years and we were all reunited when i was aged about 26 and Billy 16. The actual reason i wrote on here was to let people know that Michael Fenlon living at 2 Keysers lane in 1911 was my Uncle and i am proud to write this,