Author Topic: Mary Hall from Southwell - when did she die?  (Read 2660 times)

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Mary Hall from Southwell - when did she die?
« on: Monday 08 February 10 01:21 GMT (UK) »
Now I don't know whether anyone will be able to solve this, but I know everyone likes a challenge now and again...

I am searching for a death for my gg grandmother Mary HALL. I have no idea when or where it would be, except that she was living in Southwell (where she had been for much of her life) in 1911. She was born in 1845. My grandmother (born 1923) did not know her grandmother Mary - not even her name - so I am guessing that Mary died before 1925ish. The Halls did spread out a bit, some to Beeston, but this is not helping my search.

Thanks,
Alexander

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Hall from Southwell - when did she die?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 February 10 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi iam assuming that you have seen the following and discounted them despite the ages being a bit high
Mary Hall aged 80  Southwell 7b/452 Dec 1919
Mary Hall aged 85 Southwell 7b/460 Dec 1923
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 February 10 17:47 GMT (UK) »
I had discounted these because they are 6 and 7 years out on age. Of course, there could have been a mistake, but with a name like Hall it gets difficult to figure out without buying all the certificates.

Alexander

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 August 10 09:15 BST (UK) »
Just for future reference I thought I'd update this thread.

I recently was able to view the the parish registers of Southwell Holy Trinity still in the church, and to my great pleasure I found Mary's burial record there:

Mary Hall, 13 Somersall Street, Jany 12 1916, 71 yrs

This corresponds with this death...
Deaths Mar qtr. 1916
Hall, Mary, 71, Mansfield, vol. 7b: 137

...so I may get the certificate. I'm wondering what Mary was doing in Mansfield when she has lived in Southwell for all of her married life. It certainly made her difficult to find...