Author Topic: BIRTH - William Robert Crabb (b1848) Jersey 1848  (Read 2477 times)

Offline andrewharvey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BIRTH - William Robert Crabb (b1848) Jersey 1848
« on: Saturday 13 February 10 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

I am looking to confirm a birth of William Robert Crabb (b1848).  The 1851 / 1861 Jersey census has him born in Jersey.  Is there any other birth records to check.  The 1881 England census has him born in Surry.  Does Jersey provide any online BDM.

Thanks in advance
Andrew :)

Offline Sandymc47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Fowlers of Yorkshire since 1685
    • View Profile
Re: BIRTH - William Robert Crabb (b1848) Jersey 1848
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 February 10 11:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Andrew
Looked online for you and seemingly the CI BMD didnt start until 1855 so your William just missed out on that one being born in 1848.  Do you know for sure that he was born in 1848? The reason being I looked on the Familysearch.org a free site and there is only one William Crabb but it says 1846 which could be not exact but it does say he was born in St Helier,  Jersey.  His middle name is Barnett which sounds like a surname, maybe his Mother?  He also has a wife called Mary  and a daughter called Sarah Ann and the mother in law is living with them and she is called Jane Elizabeth Harding, are these your family?
regards Sandymc
Midgley, Fowler, Chadwick, Kilvington, Routledge, Hewitt, Stevenson, Ward, Waite, Binks , Buck, Pearson,  Stanley, Firth, Child, Hobson, Rogers, all Leeds and Yorkshire for centuaries except the Routledges from Wigton, Cumbria and Middlesbrough. Related to McAllisters of Wilsontown

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BIRTH - William Robert Crabb (b1848) Jersey 1848
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 February 10 21:01 GMT (UK) »
Assuming this is the same William Robert Crabb that you were asking about on your previous thread I have found this baptism on the Jersey Heritage website.

This child is called William Bennett Crabb, I don't know if he's yours,  but your other post does say that his grandparents were Youngs

birth 14/1/1848
baptism 26/3/1848
Father William Crabb - shoemaker
Mother Sarah Young
Godparents George Dunn and Eliza Young

There are quite a few other Crabb baptisms on this site including that of Sarah Jane Bennett Crabb, her parents are John Crabb and Ann Collins so possibly related.

Jersey BMDs actually started in 1842, I spend enough time with my nose in the records to have that datae firmly implanted in the brain, I think the other islands were a bit later.

www.jerseyheritagetrust.jeron.je - in case you didn't pick it up off your other thread.