Author Topic: Photographs of staff of Alder or Alders paper mill Tamworth  (Read 8088 times)

Offline madabout

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Photographs of staff of Alder or Alders paper mill Tamworth
« on: Saturday 13 February 10 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi

By any chance has anyone got relations who worked for Alder or Alders paper mill Tamworth.

Pat
Goulds of Sheffield, Thursfields of Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Archers of Smisby, Ropes of Earsham/Eastwood, Hursts of Dukinfield/Stalybridge/Kingsbury, Andrew roller makers of Stalybridge/Dukinfield.

Offline madabout

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Alder or Alders paper mill Tamworth
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 February 10 16:19 GMT (UK) »
another photo of staff
Goulds of Sheffield, Thursfields of Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Archers of Smisby, Ropes of Earsham/Eastwood, Hursts of Dukinfield/Stalybridge/Kingsbury, Andrew roller makers of Stalybridge/Dukinfield.

Offline thedesignloft

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Photographs of staff of Alder or Alders paper mill Tamworth
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 July 10 23:29 BST (UK) »
Hi There,

My Dad worked for Alders until the mid 80's (ish), do you know of any photos in existence later on?

Thanks,
Sarah.

Offline quietman482

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 29 November 10 14:18 GMT (UK) »
With regard to the staff photo, the large looking lady, second from the right is my partner's great grandmother; Mrs Annie Goacher (nee Grimshaw). As far as current members of the family can remember she was a foreman in the works and by all accounts a very hard task master.
We only found out that she worked in a paper mill this weekend! Seeing the photo was wonderful, many thanks

We would love a scanned copy of the image if that is possible for our own family records. If there is anything more you think I could help you with then please do not hesitate to contact me

Have you a date for the photo?

Many thanks again,
Norman
Jones, Pimlett, Rutherford, Spencer

Offline SKUP

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 12 July 15 23:46 BST (UK) »
madabout, I have Gould family originally from Sheffield that worked at Alders, and couldn't help but notice the name attached to one of the pictures is 'grandad Thomas Gould'.  My great grandfather Harry Gould worked at Alders for many years along with his brother Thomas.  By chance did your grandad have a brother Harry?

Best regards,
Susan

Offline madabout

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 01 February 16 10:07 GMT (UK) »
There should be later staff photos on the internet. Not sure of the date of the photos I have put on. To get a copy you can right click on them & save. Yes Susan, same family. Sorry for the delay in answering.
 :(

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 01 February 16 10:18 GMT (UK) »
The fist photo looks be 1920s and a presentation. Second photo looks to be late 1890s early 1900s.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU