Author Topic: *complete* Place help  (Read 3376 times)

Offline taidgazacaz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: *complete* Place help
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 February 10 21:02 GMT (UK) »
I don't know anything about Trelawnyd in the 1700s, but I know where the 4 shops were in the early/mid 1900's. However, that far back I'd think Owen Holland's shop could be anywhere. I say this for two reasons.
1. There have been lots of changes; e.g. like everywhere else there were many public houses which have now disappeared.
2. I've looked carefully at all the censuses, trying to follow the enumerator's footsteps, and as far back as 1851 I could more or less work out where he was, but in 1841 there were street names that I'd never heard of and could only guess where they were. They'd probably been knocked down and new streets built in their place.

There are numerous Holland entrys in the Parish Registers, which I have.

Tecwyn.
Savage, Hoskins, Wigley, Edwards, German, Jacks

Offline lao shu

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: *complete*
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 October 10 17:30 BST (UK) »
Ahh ok, well thanks for being interested. Do you know much about Trelawnyd in the 1700's? The reason I ask is that my ancestor was a tobacconist there and my mum wants to know where his shop was (if he had a shop!) his name was Owen Holland.
  dEAR R1880  I'm new to this roots chat and have left you a message on another of your quotes re Owen Holland.. re: my connection to him. I have a copy of his will. Could you please contact me, Yvonne