Author Topic: Reginald RILEY b.1899 - where is he?  (Read 6201 times)

Offline Gerry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Reginald RILEY b.1899 - where is he?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 February 10 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello Everyone

Many thanks for your replies and the extent of what they tell me :)

Reginald James Riley was born on 26 November 1899 which ticks the correct boxes in the replies.   I've tried the National Archives website but have not been able to find any more information.    Will have another attempt in slower time later today.

Many thanks for all your help

Offline BRILEY

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 September 10 16:46 BST (UK) »
There are no births in SA in the next 12 months (cut off point for births in SA)

RILEY Reginald James died 22 Sep 1965 at hospital Woodville Dist Hin 997 6460. He was aged 65 a widow, residence Largs Bay, relative BD WORKMAN (son in Law)

there was a second wife

RILEY Reta Isabel died 10 Nov 1958 Semaphore Dist PtA 882 6976. She was aged 40 married, residence Semaphore relative Reginald James RILEY (Husband)

perhaps the national archives papers are a divorce
There are no births in SA in the next 12 months (cut off point for births in SA)

RILEY Reginald James died 22 Sep 1965 at hospital Woodville Dist Hin 997 6460. He was aged 65 a widow, residence Largs Bay, relative BD WORKMAN (son in Law)

there was a second wife

RILEY Reta Isabel died 10 Nov 1958 Semaphore Dist PtA 882 6976. She was aged 40 married, residence Semaphore relative Reginald James RILEY (Husband)

perhaps the national archives papers are a divorce

Cheers Kris  :)

Offline BRILEY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 30 September 10 16:58 BST (UK) »
 RE.     REGINALD JAMES RILEY, 

AFTER YEARS OF WONDERING ABOUT THE DESCENDANTS AND FAMILY MEMBERS UNKNOWN TO US,
  WE ARE THE DAUGHTER AND SON IN LAW OF REGINALD JAMES RILEY AND HIS WIFE RETA  WE LIVE IN ADELAIDE  SA

:)    BRILEY

Offline Gerry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 01 October 10 17:04 BST (UK) »
Reginald James Riley born about 1899 was one of seven children born to George Riley and Phoebe Ingham who married in 1884.    I am not related to the family.   Reginald had a sister, Mildred Alice (1891-1977) who was the maternal great grandmother of my son in law and it was on his behalf that I researched the Riley family.

The Riley family has been traced to about 1809 and I'm happy to send you copies of my research notes.   

I'm sending you a PM to further this link

Offline BRILEY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Gerry,

arriving aboard the BELTANA which departed London 15 Jan 1925. He was ticketed to Melbourne

RILEY Reginald J 25 builder country of last permanent residence England intended permanent residence in Australia address in UK Fairhaven, Shrewsbury Rd, Wellington

Offline BRILEY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 11:06 BST (UK) »
To Krisesjoint.
                     I have replied to Gerry regarding REGINALD JAMES RILEY>My wife is his daughter and her mother was RETA.   We are interested with your comments and research into (where is he ?)
As you live in the Mid North of S.A and we live at TENNYSON  S.A. ,We would like to have contact with you.  Are you a family member ?   The Family descendants can be traced as far back as 1599. It is very interesting.
                 Regards BARRY      (Briley)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 11 December 17 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

a new member MelanieJo Riley has used the 'report to moderator' button instead of the 'reply' button and sent this message

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=285406

he is my grandfather and my nan was reta (nee) kennewell they are buried together all 3 at cheltnam my dad is colin george riley their son if helps your search

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea