Author Topic: Waterford - Dungarvan - LANDERS  (Read 14476 times)

Offline thelongpuckout

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Waterford - Dungarvan - LANDERS
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 10 July 10 18:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I've been researching my family tree since 2003 and I have suddenly hit a blank wall.  I am searching LANDERS of Kilminion South, Dungarvan.  My great grandfather was THOMAS LANDERS b 1958 m 1904 CATHERINE NUGENT.  I have all this family and his brothers and sisters info. 

The problem is going further back to my great-great grandfather JOHN LANDERS m ELLEN TOBIN.  I have no idea where he is from.  The only info I have is from Griffith's which states a THOMAS LANDERS held land in Kilminion.  THOMAS LANDERS was JOHN'S father.

Has anyone a connection with my family tree or know where I can turn to, to find out this info.

:D
If we have been in touch before, or if you are Anne D, you can disregard this, otherwise I have quite a bit on the Landers family that you speak of.

Offline triathlon

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 13 August 10 19:36 BST (UK) »
HI

I do not know whether this is of any help.  I have a photograph of a grave in Lismore:  of William Landers d. 1986 and his wife Mary 1988.  Landers are also prevalent in Knockmonlea, Killeagh Co. Cork.  Shown on 1901 and 1911 census and I have spoken to one f the family aged 80 only 2 months ago. 

Hi,

I've been researching my family tree since 2003 and I have suddenly hit a blank wall.  I am searching LANDERS of Kilminion South, Dungarvan.  My great grandfather was THOMAS LANDERS b 1958 m 1904 CATHERINE NUGENT.  I have all this family and his brothers and sisters info. 

The problem is going further back to my great-great grandfather JOHN LANDERS m ELLEN TOBIN.  I have no idea where he is from.  The only info I have is from Griffith's which states a THOMAS LANDERS held land in Kilminion.  THOMAS LANDERS was JOHN'S father.

Has anyone a connection with my family tree or know where I can turn to, to find out this info.

:D

Offline geoffboro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 March 12 22:28 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm new to all this so would be grateful for any help.

My name is Geoff Landers and my paternal Grandad was John Landers born in North Ormesby,Middlesbrough,North Riding of Yorkshire in or about 1901.My father told me before he died that my Great grandfather and his wife came from Waterford to find work in Teesside in the late 19th century.They were definately Catholics I was told.

Can anyone help me get started trying to trace my family roots in the Waterford area?

Regards Geoff

Offline thelongpuckout

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 08 May 16 18:25 BST (UK) »
If it interest's you, I have quite a bit of information on your landers line and know the family quite well.I grew up alongside the family at Kilminion. The Tobin's, by the way came from Kilgobinet.
You can email me (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline GerryLS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 06 August 16 21:54 BST (UK) »
thelongpuckout

I'm interested in the Tobins of Kilgobinet, especially a Margaret Tobin who married a Michael Dwyer in 1897. Do you have any info?

Offline thelongpuckout

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 07 August 16 19:37 BST (UK) »
thelongpuckout

I'm interested in the Tobins of Kilgobinet, especially a Margaret Tobin who married a Michael Dwyer in 1897. Do you have any info?