Author Topic: Matthew Weldon - Tickencote  (Read 3522 times)

Offline lynhenderson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Matthew Weldon - Tickencote
« on: Sunday 21 February 10 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have an ancestor called Matthew Weldon. He was born in 1819 in Tickencote. The earliest I have found him is in the 1841 census but he is not living with his parents, but a William Crofts, b 1811.

On the same census image there is another household of Weldon's, Thomas and Susan, both born 1791 with 7 children.

I don't believe that these are Matthew's parents as I have found them on a family tree on Ancestry and they don't have a son called Matthew.

Matthew marries Ann ? sometime between 1841 and 1847 and they have 7 children, Mary A, John Thomas, Susan, Matt(hew?), James, Sarah and Fred. All of them were born in Stamford, Lincolnshire.

Does anyone know of him? Who are his parents? Siblings?

Robbie

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew Weldon - Tickencote
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 February 10 23:23 GMT (UK) »
Matthew marries Ann ?

Who are his parents? Siblings

Freebmd

Marriage - Matthew Weldon/Ann Webster December qtr 1845 Stamford  14  1049

www.familysearch.org has  details of his parents and the above marriage but it is a submitted entry so needs to be checked out.   Submitted entries are an indication that somebody else is researching the same family

It is giving his parents as the Thomas & Susannah you found in 1841

You really need to buy a copy of the marriage cert to at least confirm his fathers name was Thomas
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)