Author Topic: Glossop Heritage - Local & Family History  (Read 7513 times)

Offline missmolly

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Glossop Heritage - Local & Family History
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 February 10 12:16 GMT (UK) »
OK will do Graham

Mo
Harrison,  Lancs
Phillips, Bucks/Chesh
Holgate, Lancs/Chesh
Etchells, Chesh/Lancs
Schneider, India

Offline mcm70

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 November 10 02:43 GMT (UK) »
How do I get in touch with Graham, who has a website listing Robinsons in Glossop?  I sent a message to the email address listed on that website, but it was rejected.  I have evidence that my great-grandmother and her parents and siblings emigrated to the US in 1854, and would like to trace back further from her parents if I can.  Thanks!

Offline GrahamH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.gjh.me.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 November 10 07:29 GMT (UK) »
How do I get in touch with Graham, who has a website listing Robinsons in Glossop?  I sent a message to the email address listed on that website, but it was rejected.  I have evidence that my great-grandmother and her parents and siblings emigrated to the US in 1854, and would like to trace back further from her parents if I can.  Thanks!
That's me.

If you click on the mailto link "send mail to Graham @ JiGraH" your e-mail client program should open. If you have typed the address in rather than using the link you have possibly mis-typed it. Alternatively you can PM me through Rootschat.

In Edit: Mailto links on the resource pages now amended to make them easier to understand.

Graham

Offline selwynfroggitt

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 November 10 10:24 GMT (UK) »
I discoverred the site last week and found some great pictures of my wife and her sisters in the West End School photographs 1950s and 60s.

I had not considererd who ran the site but now offer my thanks.

Offline kev

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 March 17 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Graham, i was sory to hear of the loss of the centre, but best of luck with the new site.
My connection with the area started in c 1952/3 when my stepfather became the landlord of the Organ Inn, Hollingworth, so i recall Sat nights, Victoria hall dance, with the Regent dance band, Sun. walking in the Park + a pint or two in Old Glossop, in the 1960s my wife & I lived in a flat in the old mill at Gnat Hole, very handy for walks across the local moors
                                  Tony Bacon aka bodger

Hi Graham / Bodger,

I was shown a photo of a band by the same name (Regent Dance Band) because my great grandad was the violinist. I googled the name and this thread came up! They looked to be a 4 piece - singer, banjo, violin and drummer.
 I was curious to see if it was the same band!

I could forward the photo via email as it was too big to post on the thread

Best wishes

Cheers.

Kev

Offline GrahamH

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.gjh.me.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 06 March 17 07:49 GMT (UK) »
Kev got in touch with me via PM and, as a result, I realised that my contact details posted above, in November 2010, had not been updated. I've now added details to the foot of my home page (see my details on left).

Graham