Author Topic: Daniel Kennedy b. 1832 in Little Bray  (Read 14477 times)

Offline Pacific NW Robin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Kennedy b. 1832 in Little Bray
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 February 10 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much Shane, I really appreciate it. Are any of those places close enough to Bray that someone could go there in 1832 to have their child baptized? It seems I really need to find his parent's first names. I don't suppose the mother's birth name would be listed? It was O'Connell.
Robin

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 February 10 16:38 GMT (UK) »
On the IFHF website you have to pay (€5) to view the transcript with the full details available. Early registers do not always contain great detail.. but would probably include the mother's maiden surname... but no guarantee.

Kilquade parish would be quite close, just the other side of Bray town to Little Bray. The town of Kingstown is to the north in County Dublin, about 12km from Bray town... but the associated parish extends quite far to the south.

I suppose It's possible that someone born in Little Bray could be baptised outside the area due to family connections, but usually baptisms took place where the family lived at the time and the child was born (i.e. Bray).

It's a bit of a problem finding a definite connection without knowing anything about the parents ... is there any chance details on a fathers name could be located on a marriage cert or similar ?

Knowing his mother's maiden name could be a very good clue (if it's recorded on the baptism record), but unfortunately you would have to purchase each possible record to see it the name matches as you can only search the IFHF website by fathers name.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Pacific NW Robin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 04 March 10 21:16 GMT (UK) »
I'm still trying to get a marriage certificate from Sitka Alaska but I do know now that Daniel Kennedy's middle name was indeed O'Connell. I think his father's name was John but that probably doesn't help much.

Offline TMLeigh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 13 June 11 12:52 BST (UK) »
I just looked up my great grandmother's father Denis Nugent who married Maria (Latin for Mary)Kennedy in Bray, Wicklow, Ireland on 17 Jan 1853.  Denis was possibly living in nearby Ballinteskin, Kilmacanogue, Wicklow which is the marriage address of his daughter Mary Anne (Marianna) Nugent b.1856 who married John William Leigh b. 1854 of Blackrath, Kildare.  John William and Mary Anne (Nugent) Leigh raised several children out of a property called Ballybawn House located on Old Long Hill Rd outside of Kilmacanogue.  Maria Kennedy Nugent may have a sister or cousin named Letitia Kennedy who married a William Leigh around 1850 who is the father and mother of John William Leigh making John and his wife Mary Anne possible first cousins.  Denis' wedding was witnessed by Maria Nugent (a sister?) and Stephen Brien.  John and Mary Ann's wedding ws witness by a John Kerthly(sp?)

Offline mab1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 15 August 15 17:34 BST (UK) »
Hi My great grandmother x 3 Eliza Clare was born in Little Bray in 1833 and she was baptised in Kingston Co Dublin.  She was Roman Catholic too so perhaps you could try there.  The IFHC have lots of records on line.