Author Topic: Surname ESSEX in Cambridge Area  (Read 4055 times)

Offline matty9024

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Surname ESSEX in Cambridge Area
« on: Sunday 20 March 05 00:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello, my gt gt gt Grandfather William Essex took his family to London from Chesterton  between the 1851 and 1861 Censuses. My gt gt Grandfather Henry Essex went with him, and my gt Grandad Alfred Essex was born in London and came to America in 1886 and had his family. William uprooted the whole lot, but Henry had one brother William, who may have died young and in the Cambridge area, but Henry also had seven sisters, some of whom may have married and stayed in Cambridgeshire. I also think William's father,  oddly enough William, who was born in 1775, had another son named Phillip. Phillip was a master brewer. The Essex brewery closed in 1921, but the Jolly Brewers pub, owned by the Essexes in Milton, is still around, but I don't know if the Essexes still own it, or if we are related. My Essexes are all from the villages of  Horningsea, Landbeach,  and Chesterton. I realize it's a long shot, but any help would be appreciated, and if you are a relative, boy do I have some branches for you. Thanks in advance for your help. Regards, Matt Essex