Author Topic: Mormon emigrants Halifax to Nebraska  (Read 9214 times)

Offline johnnyboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Mormon emigrants Halifax to Nebraska
« Reply #27 on: Monday 24 April 17 23:43 BST (UK) »
Hi I see this is a pretty old post, but found it interesting. My Great grandma was Ruby Tempest she married Ellis Botham.  I still live in the area and visit the cemeteries. My mom also has some old Tempest photos, we have put some on find a grave, however we keep talking about needing to make more time to add some more. I am pretty sure she even has a photo of Clair Tempest. I also remember seeing one of the house in Fair field. Please let me know if I can help with anything, I will do my best  :D

Shelley

Hi Shelley: Welcome to Rootschat. Yes, the post is several years old. I just happened to visit the website today and saw your reply to the thread on the U.S. page. I re-read a good bit of the thread before I realized that I had contributed to it. I remember it well now, since I have have relatives not far from Fairfield (and Spokane)--across the border in Idaho. I don't have anything new to add, however. But it's always interesting to have relatives of the subjects pop up. Perhaps this might rekindle Marmaduke123's interest, too. If you make two additional posts, you can send private messages to Rootschat members.

Regards,
John  :o :o :o
ENGLAND (all Yorkshire but one)
SLATER: Ovenden, Halifax, and Massachusetts
DOBSON, LONGBOTTOM: Thornton (Bradford)
DRURY: Darton, Halifax, and Massachusetts
NEVIL(LE): Wigan (Lancs.), Darton
MEGSON: Dewsbury, Ossett
GARSIDE: Woolley, West Bretton

SCOTLAND
ROBERT HENDRY: b. 1856, Who-knows-where-shire, Scotland; 1882 to US
DEMPSTER, HOUSTON: Lesmahagow, Glasgow, and Massachusetts