Author Topic: Waterway Street c 1950  (Read 10589 times)

Offline Robert Fletcher

• RootsChat Veteran
  • And he's still just as cute!
    • View Profile
Re: Waterway Street c 1950
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 07 April 15 22:44 BST (UK) »
Rob - I went to school with a MINKLEY.  I still chat to her occasionally on FB.  The family lived at Clifton.  Might they belong to you?
There is every chance because this is a little off topic I will send you a PM.
Robert...
BELL - Nottingham
FISHER – Hinckley Leics
FLETCHER – Louth (District), Lincolnshire
HALLETT - Grimsby Lincs
MINKLEY - Notts & Leics

Offline StellaDMN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 07 April 15 23:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob
I got an email to say you had sent me a PM, but when I clicked on the link, it told me there is an error and that I'm not allowed to send personal messages.
I only joined up tonight, so wonder if that is why?

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 08 April 15 06:43 BST (UK) »
I think you have to have posted 3 times before you can send - so just write another comment on here, then you should be OK. ;)

For official explanation
http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Robert Fletcher

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 08 April 15 14:48 BST (UK) »
I think you have to have posted 3 times before you can send - so just write another comment on here, then you should be OK. ;)

For official explanation
http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
I did the when it was three or five posts you up to do but as you said if she just reply to one of these that you get the numbers up.

So still are just reply, you only have to say something like "thanks" and then try going to read your Personal Messages again. It's a bit of a problem in this case because the information we want to discuss would be about living people and would be confidential but I'm certainly very keen on making some contact with any of the Minkley's.

Robert…
BELL - Nottingham
FISHER – Hinckley Leics
HALLETT - Grimsby Lincs
MINKLEY - Notts & Leics

Offline brunodoggy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 13 June 15 09:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Robert I lived on waterway street, and my surname is Bell, we use to live at number 133 which was two doors down from the bookies, I know many many of the people who use to live in the old meadows so if I can be of any assistance to you please feel free to pick my memories.

William Bell

Offline Robert Fletcher

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 13 June 15 10:27 BST (UK) »
Hello William

This just illustrates how marvellous Rootschat is, considering my original post was about five years ago.

I did manage to find the family connections in Waterway Street in fact it was in Waterway Street West. They were my mother's in-laws from her first marriage. I never knew that as a child, all I knew is that is where we went to visit when we came to Nottingham.

I see that you are quite new on Rootschat. I want to send you a PM but I think you have to make about three postings before you can access it. Can you reply to this and probably it might take another one. I will attempt to send you a PM but as I said you might not be able to open it up at this stage.

Robert….
BELL - Nottingham
FISHER – Hinckley Leics
HALLETT - Grimsby Lincs
MINKLEY - Notts & Leics

Offline brunodoggy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 14 June 15 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hi there again, I was having a look at some of the old pics of "the meadows" and was intrigued by your posts, I think in them days there was many a tale not told about families and the secrets left un said and it seems its not unique, I guess its because the war was not long over and many a skulduggerys where left un said only to come and rare its head later in life when we who are still around have to try and reconcile and make sense of it, I know for my part there is many a question I would love to ask but the people are no longer around, Im unsure if thats for the best or not, them old sayings come in to play then Robert "let them old sleeping dogs lye" but they still niggle now and again, I guess that applies to most people and families of that post war era maybe. Well Robert glad you got some conclusion with your particular inquiry, I will of course visit daily to check for any posts Robert and look forward to hearing from you, William.