Author Topic: Morrell's of Pannal, Yorks  (Read 1919 times)

Offline XPhile2868

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Morrell's of Pannal, Yorks
« on: Sunday 20 March 05 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone else related to the Morrell's of Pannal? My most recent Morrell ancestor is my great great great great grandmother, Elizabeth Morrell.

The lineage is as follows -

Elizabeth Morrell, daughter of Benjamin Morrell

son of Elizabeth Brown and Samuel Morrell

son of Mary Pearson and Samuel Morrell

son of Jane (no maiden name known) and Edward Morrell
Smith (Lancashire), McKenna (Ireland/Liverpool/Leyland), Maynard (Hertfordshire/London/Preston), Ricketts (Gloucestershire/Wigan/Preston), Scowcroft (Preston), Harling (N. Yorkshire/Lancashire), Willis (Preston), Clegg (Manchester/Preston), Dodd (Wigan/Cheshire), Alston (Lancashire), Hulks (Hertfordshire), Nicholson (Lancashire/Cumbria), Russell (Lancashire), Wilson (Cumbria), Bracewell (Lancashire), Moxham (Lancashire0

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Debbie S

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Morrell's of Pannal, Yorks
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 January 06 05:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am descended from Edward Morrell, through Samuel Morrell and Mary Pearson's son John.

Edwards parents were Thomas b. 1635 and Mary Smith b. 1635 both in Fewston.

Hope that helps  :)

Debbie Slater (nee Morrell)

Offline XPhile2868

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 January 06 21:26 GMT (UK) »
oops, i didn't ralise this was still here.

unfortunately, i got two people mixed up, and the morrells weren't my ancestors, sorry.
Smith (Lancashire), McKenna (Ireland/Liverpool/Leyland), Maynard (Hertfordshire/London/Preston), Ricketts (Gloucestershire/Wigan/Preston), Scowcroft (Preston), Harling (N. Yorkshire/Lancashire), Willis (Preston), Clegg (Manchester/Preston), Dodd (Wigan/Cheshire), Alston (Lancashire), Hulks (Hertfordshire), Nicholson (Lancashire/Cumbria), Russell (Lancashire), Wilson (Cumbria), Bracewell (Lancashire), Moxham (Lancashire0

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Andrew Howgate

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 11 May 17 20:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Debbie

I spoke to you a few years ago regarding the Morrell's of Pannal. I am also descended from Thomas Morrell & Mary Smyth of Fewson.

My grandfather was George Wilfred Morrell born in 1911 in Manningham, Bradford and his parents were Alfred Morrell & Serenna Sykes.

Alfred was born in Halifax in 1876 & his parents were William Morrell & Martha Ann Aked.

William Morrell was born in 1854 in Bradford & his parents were David Morrell & Rebecca Stevenson.

David Morrell was born in 1831 in Bradford & his parents were Thomas Morrell & Mary Ann Lancaster.

Thomas Morrell was born in Staveley, West Yorkshire in 1802 & his parents were John Morrell & Susannah Dain.

John Morrell was born in Pannal in 1770