Author Topic: WARWICK Family in Hertfordshire  (Read 27038 times)

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
WARWICK Family in Hertfordshire
« on: Sunday 20 March 05 11:52 GMT (UK) »
I am researching the Warwick family history. From 1752 to 1900 all of my Warwick ancestors lived in Farnham, Essex just over the border. Before and after these times they were in Hertfordshire. Places they inhabited were the Hadhams. the Pelhams, Harpenden, Hitchin and Bishops Stortford and the surrounding areas. I have an extensive list of Warwicks. I would like to hear from anyone who is researching the Warwick family or who married into the Warwick family. I am willing to share any information.
Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.

Offline hlbradd

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Warwick family in Hertfordshire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 March 05 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Martin17

I have an a Mary ROBLETT who married a John WARWICK, Ann ROBLETT who married James WARWICK, and Martha ROBLETT who married a William WARWICK.  The Roblett sisters from the Albury, Herts area.

Ann Warwick died in 1893 in the workhouse at Lewisham.

Would any of this tie in with your Warwicks ?

Warwickshire - ADKINS / KENNARD
Hertfordshire - BRADD / ROBLETT / THOROGOOD / WATSON
ABURN - BLANKS - BLOGG - BURGESS - FERRY - FREEMAN - GOODRICK - GOTTY -MEECH - MIDDLEDITCH -  RUSSELL - PLANT - THURSTON

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 March 05 07:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Yes these are part of my Warwick tree. I did not know of Ann's death or the whereabouts. Have you an interest in the Warwicks ?. If there is anything you require about the Warwick's please let me know as I have quite an extensive database and various trees of the Warwick family. Thank you once again.

Regards

Martin

Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 March 05 07:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I also have information on the Robletts.

Regards

Martin

Offline hlbradd

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 March 05 08:20 GMT (UK) »
hi Martin

Sad story here   (source Linda King)

Widowed Sarah Roblett (age 83) is living at 41 Summerfield Street, Lee, Lewisham,  with her grand-daughter Lucy Durrant (nee Warwick) and family on the 1891 census.  Sarah died on 25.10.1893 after a fall upon returning from the funeral at Lewisham Workhouse of her daughter Ann Warwick (nee Roblett).  Ann died on the  6.10.1893 (informant Lucy Durrant).  Ann had been admitted on 29.9.1893 - apparently destitute.  Her husband James Warwick also died at Lewisham workhouse but not til 1922 - he was interred at Ladywell Cemetery.

Linda has a copy of the inquest report (Fatal Fall Downstairs) which she thinks was in the Kentish Mercury.   Sarah Roblett is referred to as Sarah Roberts.    Inquest was held on 27.10.1893.  Also have a copy of death certificate.  Do you want to pm me your address - I can send you copies.

Most of my research is on the Roblett family - Mary, Ann, and Martha's father James was, I suspect, an older brother of my Joseph Roblett (born c1810).

Helen :)

ABURN - BLANKS - BLOGG - BURGESS - FERRY - FREEMAN - GOODRICK - GOTTY -MEECH - MIDDLEDITCH -  RUSSELL - PLANT - THURSTON

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 13 April 05 13:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Helen

I have sent you my home details on a pm. I hope you have got it. I am a bit of a novice on this site, so was not sure if you had got it.

Regards

Martin

Offline hlbradd

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 13 April 05 20:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin

pm received okay.

Copies in post this week.

Helen x

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 18 April 05 18:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Helen

Thanks for the info. I received them today. If you want info on the Robletts please let me know your e mail or address and I will send the info. I also have Burgess and Thurgood in my tree.

Best Wishes

Martin

Offline Enfield Medcalf

• RootsChat Member
  • Genealogists do it with dead people. Mostly!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 12 February 07 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Have you got the Georgiana Warwick/Medcalf marriage, from the Medcalf group in Lock Lane, Enfield?
Ashe-Marlborough. Auchincloss-Glasgow. Dickey-Ireland,Scotland,USA. Ebben-Enfield. Fewins-St Austell, Ohio
Hall-Mdx & Northumberland. Heard/Hurd/Herd-Dry Drayton Cambs. Hillhouse-Scotland,USA.  Horton-West Bromwich,Greenwich Kent, Mdx, Surrey.  Kelly-High Beech, Essex.  Livermore-Enfield.  Malyon-Mdx.  Medcalf-Enfield Mdx, Cheshunt Herts.  Metcalfe-Dry Drayton Cam.  Saunders-Uxbridge, Enfield.  Sleath-Enfield.  Snelling-Storrington.  Stretton-Greenwich,Lee.  Wiltshire-Enfield.  Woodfield-Enfield