Author Topic: WARWICK Family in Hertfordshire  (Read 27037 times)

Offline LyndseyB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: WARWICK Family in Hertfordshire
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 21 November 07 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just in case it is of interest, recent research at HALS has revealed the marriage of Emma Warwick (born c1861 poss. in Brent Pelham), daughter of Arthur Warwick, Labourer, to a distant ancestor called Benjamin Brett (born c1841 Brent Pelham). She was his 2nd wife and considerably younger than him. That's all I have at the moment, but my Brett research is a work in progress.

Regards

Lyndsey

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 23 November 07 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi LyndseyB

I do have that marriage recorded and the children it produced. Emma is my third cousin three times removed. There were a lot of Warwick's and a lot of Bretts in Furneux Pelham in the 1800's. Emma's grandfather William Warwick also married a Brett. William was my first cousin, five times removed. I do have a lot of information on the Warwick's and I have quite a bit on the Bretts. If you would like any Warwick information please send me a PM.

Regards

Martin

Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.

Offline dick12

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 16:11 BST (UK) »
Matin17,
Are you still looking at the Warwick Family Tree.
I have just started and believe that my Grandfather, George Edwin Warwick was born in Kinsbourne Green, Hets, in 1887. One of 12 brothers and sisters I believe.
I would like to know if he was related to William Warwick (c1840) of Furneux Pelham, Herts.
I wondered if you could help.
Thanks

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Dick

Thank you for getting in touch.

I am still looking at the Warwick family tree after 15 years. I have your grandfather recorded as George Frederick Warwick when he was baptised, born about 1886 at Kinsbourne Green. He is one of 12 children. He is the son of Frederick and Lizzie. In 1901 George was an errand boy at straw hat factory. I have marriages for most of George's brothers and sisters that did marry, but I do not have a marriage for George. I have George baptised 17th Oct 1886 at Harpenden. Your grandfather is my third cousin, twice removed.

The William Warwick I have recorded as being born 1840 at Furneux Pelham is the 2nd cousin, twice removed of George. All Warwick's born Furneux Pelham are related to me.

To date I have taken the Warwick's back to 1540, which is all my own research, which includes various visits to Herts and Essex records office.

Were you born a Warwick ?

Regards

Martin
Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.

Offline dick12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 15 September 11 07:03 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Martin,
I've just started looking at my family tree.
Yes I was born a Warwick, son of Keith Nevil Warwick (born 7-7-1923) who in turn was, I believe, the son of George Frederick Warwick. I never knew him as he died before I was born.
Gerorge married Bertha Mabel Bunnage of Kinsbourne Green, I believe in Harpenden and they had two sons and a daughter, Seymour, Kathleen and Keith.
George and Mabel moved to Bristol early in the 1900's.
Any information that you feel able to pass on would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Dick

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 15 September 11 07:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Dick

I have just sent you a personal message with my contact details.

Regards

Martin

Offline dick12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 15 September 11 07:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks Martin,
I have received the pm and will be in touch.
Regards
Dick

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 06 October 11 16:33 BST (UK) »
My Grandmother was Amy Rosetta Warwick Born 1896.  She lived as a child in St Ippolytts Near Hitchin, Herts).  Her father was William Warwick (Born 1864 in Farnham). I can follow her tree through 4 generations (1790 - 1864 in Farnham Essex) and a previous 4 generations (1630 - 1752 in Little Hadham).  The previous 2 generations (1568 - 1599 were from Furneux Pelham).  I am happy to share any information if anyone needs it.

Also does anyone know the following:

Reynold Warwick B1655 Little Hadham d1711 Albury
Wife was Elizebeth
I am looking for her surname

**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline NJW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 07 October 13 14:05 BST (UK) »
Steve

Hi. This morning with some help and a bit of digging I found that my Great, Great Grandfather was James Warwick from Furneux Pelham. Imagine my surprise when I idly googled Warwick & Furneux Pelham and all this info came up!

Very excited

N