Author Topic: WARWICK Family in Hertfordshire  (Read 26900 times)

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
Re: WARWICK Family in Hertfordshire
« Reply #27 on: Monday 07 October 13 14:22 BST (UK) »
Hi NJW,

Welcome to Rootschat.

My Great Grandfather was William Warwick, who was born at Farnham in 1864.  Have you got James Warwick's date of birth?  I will try and see where the connection is.

Post his birth on the board here, as you will need to make three postings before using the personal message facility.  Once you have made three posts, I will send you my email address.  I have quite a lot of information on the Warwicks.

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline NJW

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 07 October 13 14:51 BST (UK) »
Steve

1849 I believe. Son of Sarah and Abraham it looks like. A friend just sent me 1851 and 1861 census entries. It's all snowballing!

N

Offline NJW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 07 October 13 15:04 BST (UK) »
Actually his father was also a James i think. Jumping ahead of myself here! All going too fast  :). this morning nothing and now all this. Its alot to take in!

N

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 07 October 13 19:28 BST (UK) »
Hi NJW,

Here are some details which I have found for you -

James Warwick
Christened 11th March 1849 Furneux Pelham
Parents – Abraham and Sarah Warwick

I havn't got details of Abraham and Sarah's marriage, but I am sure that someone on here will be able to help and find it.

Siblings

Eliza Warwick Christened 17th August 1834 Furneux Pelham
James Warwick Christened 13th March 1836 Furneux Pelham
William Warwick Christened 21st October 1838 Furneux Pelham
John Warwick Christened 14th January 1841 Furneux Pelham
Fanny Warwick Christened 8th October 1843 Furneux Pelham
Charles Warwick Christened 4th January 1846 Furneux Pelham
Henry Warwick Christened 6th April 1851 Furneux Pelham

Abraham Warwick was christened 7th July 1811
His parents were James and Sarah Warwick

I have got details of James and Sarah's marriage.

Now you have made three posts, you can send me a personal message, and I will try to dig out some more for you.  They seem to be 2nd cousins of my Farnham Warwicks.

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline shirley360

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 06 February 15 15:46 GMT (UK) »
HI,
I've just started my Warwick family history. Georgina Maud Warwick (b1892 in Kensington) was my maternal grandmother and the daughter of John Warwick (born 1841) from his second marriage.

The attached photograph I think shows John Warwick (white bearded in foreground of the cart in profile) and his brothers from Furneaux Pelham. Do you have any clues if the the bearded man at the back could be Abraham Warwick or any of the others.
All best,
Sh

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 06 February 15 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shirley

Thank you for getting in touch. I have Georgina Maud and John in my tree including their ancestors and descendants. Georgina married George Edward Daniel Honeybone.

I have extensive research into the Warwick family taking them back to 1540, but do not have many photographs. I could not say for certain who is in the photograph, but it is a brilliant photograph. Do you have a date for the photograph ? Abraham died in 1892. Do you have any other photographs?

Please let me know if you require any further information regarding the Warwick's.

Would you like to send a personal message through Rootschat ?

Regards

Martin
Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 07 February 15 07:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shirley,

Welcome to Rootschat.

I am also researching the Warwicks and have John and Abraham in my family tree.  Although I have their ancestors, I have not yet looked into their decendants.  Very happy to share my information with you.  If you would like to send me a personal message, I will let you have my email.  I think you need to make one more post before you can send a personal message.

The photo is fantastic. Like Martin, I have very few photos, only those of my Grandmother - Amy Rosetta Warwick.

It may also be worth posting the photograph on the Photo Restoration Board here at Rootschat to see if anyone can help with dating it.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
Steve

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 07 February 15 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi

[ For those Rootschatters whose interest is Abraham Warwick & family should be aware that he is mentioned in other threads/posts ]

Martin does not say whether he can answer your question . . . . .

Abraham's marriage to Sarah Wallis would seem to be 2 Nov 1833 Furneaux Pelham
Aged 22.

Consider entering "Complete" if your queries can now be answered by Martin?
Saves people wasting time/effort searching for info already in your (combined) notes.

Ray

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline NJW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 08 February 15 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Shirley, picture is great and so interesting to me as we have none from that era. Do you have more? From what Martin kindly sent me my Great, Great Grandfather was James Warwick who was one of John's brothers.

N