Author Topic: WARWICK Family in Hertfordshire  (Read 27050 times)

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Warwick family in Hertfordshire
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 February 07 07:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Yorkie!! Not me

Thank you for your enquiry regarding Georgiana Warwick. I have an extensive database of various Warwick’s who are in my tree, but to date I do not have a Georgiana Warwick. If you could perhaps supply her parents names and a year of birth I may have them in my tree.

Regards

Martin Warwick
Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.

Offline Enfield Medcalf

• RootsChat Member
  • Genealogists do it with dead people. Mostly!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 February 07 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Caroline Moore Warwick dau of William & Elizabeth Warwick of Lock Lane, Enfield married Benjamin Medcalf on 29/11/1853 St Barts, London.  She was publican at the Greyhound in Lock Lane and also a farmer of 68 acres.

Anne Georgiana Warwick, born 1822, married Joseph Medcalf on 28/02/1860, dau of William & Elizabeth also.
Ashe-Marlborough. Auchincloss-Glasgow. Dickey-Ireland,Scotland,USA. Ebben-Enfield. Fewins-St Austell, Ohio
Hall-Mdx & Northumberland. Heard/Hurd/Herd-Dry Drayton Cambs. Hillhouse-Scotland,USA.  Horton-West Bromwich,Greenwich Kent, Mdx, Surrey.  Kelly-High Beech, Essex.  Livermore-Enfield.  Malyon-Mdx.  Medcalf-Enfield Mdx, Cheshunt Herts.  Metcalfe-Dry Drayton Cam.  Saunders-Uxbridge, Enfield.  Sleath-Enfield.  Snelling-Storrington.  Stretton-Greenwich,Lee.  Wiltshire-Enfield.  Woodfield-Enfield

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 February 07 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have checked all my research and I have been unable to link William and Elizabeth or Caroline and Anne to any of my research to date. I have kept a record of your enquiry and should it tie in at a later date I will not hesitate to contact you. Good luck with your research.
Regards
Martin
Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.

Offline benzon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: WARWICK Family in Hertfordshire
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 25 March 07 12:59 BST (UK) »
Have just picked up on this thread and have a piece of what is probaby useless information but here goes.

I have done some extensive research on Albury which as you know is just a stone's throw from Farnham.  I knew for some reason the Warrick name rang a bell.

On the tithe map for Albury of approx 1841 a John Warrick owned a cottage and garden that was occupied by two of hubby's ancestors.  Plot no 153 located on the road up from Clapgate to the church.  Probably next door to the old workhouse.

Cheers
Denise
LAWRENCE - Gt Hormead, HUTCHIN - Albury, CARTER/CARTER CLAY - St Albans/Stanstead Abbotts, BURTON - Hoddesdon, WARD - Hunsdon, BEARD - Ware, LEE - Cripplegate/Glemsford

Offline benzon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 25 March 07 13:08 BST (UK) »
PS to last message

Sorry, have also found another one.  John Warwick (dont know whether anomoly in surname is my trascription error or as was on the original) owned Plot 60 at Patmore Heath, Albury also occupied by an ancestor.  Situated on one corner of the heath by Hitch Lane which leads down to the Clapgate road.

Cheers
Denise
LAWRENCE - Gt Hormead, HUTCHIN - Albury, CARTER/CARTER CLAY - St Albans/Stanstead Abbotts, BURTON - Hoddesdon, WARD - Hunsdon, BEARD - Ware, LEE - Cripplegate/Glemsford

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 25 March 07 19:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Denise

Thank you for the information. If you have any more information about John Warwick,  ie age,  I will probably able to tell you more about him. To date I am not sure which one it could be, but I would have to say he is almost certainly one of mine. The written surname variation appeared now and again around this time. As you say Albury is just up the road from Farnham and we were in Farnham from 1776 to the early 1900,s and Albury, as well as Furneux Pelham was one of the places the ancestors made the short trip to.

Regards

Martin

Offline benzon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 25 March 07 19:23 BST (UK) »
Sorry Martin, nothing further known about John Warrick/Warwick.  The research centred around the Hutchin family of Albury and no Warrick/Warwicks on database.

Interestingly though, I am in contact with a descendant of a Levi Roblett who hailed from the area if that is of any use.

Cheers
Denise

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 27 March 07 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Denise

There are a few John Warwick’s that it could be. I have kept it on record as who knows what else I might turn up in the future to be able to link it. I have Warwick’s who married into the Hutchin family at Farnham and three Warwick boys married three Roblett girls, so a bit of a connection there. I have been in touch with Hutchins and like yourself am in contact with a Roblett descendant. Is Levi born about 1848?

Regards

Martin

Offline benzon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 27 March 07 21:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin

Really interested in your Warwick/Hutchins at Farnham.  Have done a great deal of research on the Hutchin family of Albury (1500+/- on our database) and there were a few Hutchins at Farnham.  The research goes back to 1752 and it eventually became impossible to track every possible deviation of the lines, especially the females as they soon become very distant from the original  But ... if you have a few moments to let me have them, I would be grateful.

As to Levi Roblett will send you a pm.

Cheers
Denise