Author Topic: The Family SHREEVE.  (Read 4271 times)

Offline markthespark

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Family SHREEVE.
« on: Sunday 07 March 10 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Daniel Shreeve b1750, died (Ref LDS) 7 Jan 1791. He fathered 9 children.

The eldest two, Mary and William Saul, both died in 1791 aswell.

The youngest, Richard, was christened (Ref LDS) 7 Jan 1791, the same day as Daniels death and died in 1791 aswell.

Can anyone shed any light on Derbys, and Ticknall in particular, in the late 18th century? Was there an epidemic of some sort or would these 4 deaths be unconnected?

Sounds like a murder mystery............

Kind regards,

Mark.

Offline Gary Allison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Family SHREEVE.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 August 12 02:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Mark. Sorry I cannot help with your mystery but I have Elizabeth Shreeve chr. 31/8/1779 at Ticknall parents Daniel & Eliz?. She m. James White. Any connection.

Cheers,

Gary.

Offline markthespark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 August 12 09:12 BST (UK) »
Yes, I believe that she is from the same family.

Elizabeth married James White at St Giles, Calke, 1st Feb 1801. Witnesses Amy/John Cartledge.

Her parents being Daniel/Elizabeth Shreeve.

Regards,

Mark.

Offline Gary Allison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 August 12 10:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Mark.

Thanks very much for that. Do you by ant chance have a birth for james White. Elizabeth was chr. 1779.

Cheers,

Gary.

Offline markthespark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 August 12 12:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Gary,

I read somewhere that the parents of Elizabeth Bryan were William Bryan and Mary Moor. You would need to verify this via official info. I have not been able to do this. If you just take this info as 'gospel' and the info is false then you carry the 'falsehood' forwards...........

There is a marriage of a William Bryan to a Mary Moor 23 Feb 1755 at Smisby, Derbys, with an Elizabeth Bryan being baptised 16 Oct 1757 at Ticknall, Derbys.

I cannot find a Mary Moor being baptised at Smisby. This is where the 'info' says she was from and that ties in with the marriage being there.

There is also a William Bryan baptised 21 Dec 1735 at Ticknall to a Nathaniel and Jane Bryan.

A Nathaniel Bryan was baptised at Weston Upon Trent 8 March 1698/1700 to a Richard and Mary Bryan.

All of these MAY be linked but it is for ourselves to make the connection.............

I will try and look at James White and report back.

Hope this helps.

Mark.

Offline markthespark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 04 August 12 12:36 BST (UK) »
Gary,

One thing I forgot to say is that Smisby is very close to Ashby de la Zouch so I looked up any Mary Moor's baptised in Leicestershire as opposed to Derbyshire and found a Mary Moor bap 31 Jan 1737, at Ashby de la Zouch, father given as James Moor.

There is a marriage of a James Moor to a Catherine Hill at Ashby de la Zouch in 1725.

Again, this all needs to be pieced together as it may not be the people that we are looking for........

Mark.

Offline Gary Allison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 25 November 12 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark.

I just noticed that you posted me twice & it appears they were meant for someone else. I was asking if you had any info on James White & Elizabeth Sheeve.

Cheers,

Gary.

Offline Judith Zirkler

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 05 July 13 01:51 BST (UK) »
I am descended from Daniel Shreeve who died 1791. My Grandfather John Percy Shreeve who migrated to Australia from Ticknall always spoke about Daniel and Nathaniel the buccaneers. Any substance to this?

Offline Thecuriouspast

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 22 April 17 03:54 BST (UK) »
Know this past is quite a few years ago but.
I don't believe the marriage of William Bryan to Mary moor is the right one. Need to look at William Bryan to an Elizabeth. Think it's Henshaw from memory. William died with out a will and his wife Elizabeth had to apply for letters of administration.  Although Smisby isn't that far away there are numerous children born to William and Elizabeth Bryan at Ticknall so it fits as far as I can see.