Author Topic: Newhills Cemetery photo request, I have location  (Read 5738 times)

Offline KT

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Newhills Cemetery photo request, I have location
« on: Thursday 11 March 10 05:42 GMT (UK) »

Hello from California,

Could anyone in the area of Newhills Cemetery, please email gravestone photos of:

Margaret ( Evans ) Cozens-Hardy died 24 Nov. 1974
 & husband, Sidney  died 3 August 1987
Newhills Cemetery Walled Garden of Rest
lair no. 61 & 62

This information received from wonderful Ian Burnett, IBURNETT[at]aberdeencity.gov.uk   
Authorised Officer Bereavement Services
Neighbourhood Services (South)

Margaret the last of all my  Evans relations in the UK.  I now have photos for the graves of the rest of her family.  She & Sidney are the last.  Sidney managed the papermill works at Bucksburn.  They lived at Waterton House.

Regards,  Katie   
Scriven, Disney, Medlicott - Ireland
Evans England & Ireland 
Several clergy of both counties & names

Offline higgsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Newhills Cemetery photo request, I have location
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 March 10 13:48 GMT (UK) »
KT

I thought I sent you these last year

Unfortunately I did not keep copies

Norma

Offline KT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 March 10 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello Norma,

Yes, you did. 

I was too mortified ( and still am ) to tell you that I lost your wonderful pictures and ask for them again.  I was trying to take a lot of files off my laptop  ( it was running out of space ) & put things onto disc, which I had never done before.  Of course the one disc I prized the most, all my cemetery photos from here and overseas was blank.  I was so depressed for weeks.  Then I made myself start to rebuild my files, with a lot of encouragement from my daughters.  At least I was ahead, knowing where people are this time. 

So here I am trying again, as embarrassed as I am, rather than leave a blank spot for Margaret & Sydney. 

( I reformatted my laptop in February, 1st time,  and now have 3/4 of my open disc space back ) 

That is my sad tale.   I live in north California, if there is anything I could do for you here or you would like to have  ( I don't live near Hollywood ), I would be happy to send a  bribe  thank you

Katie
Evans England & Ireland 

Offline higgsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 11 March 10 21:01 GMT (UK) »
Oh dear I wish I had kept copies

I won't be up in Aberdeen till October time but if you haven't gotphotos by then I will get them again for you

Norma

Offline Lochnagar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 June 10 23:16 BST (UK) »
Hi I live in Aberdeenshire and have family in Newhills cemetry. I could photograph your gravestone on my next visit which may not be for a wee while but will keep it in mind unless I hear you have obtained the photos from your previous source. Ok?
 Regards.

Offline KT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 00:40 BST (UK) »
Sorry I did not respond sooner, as I just got home.  My daughter is using Grandma's spare room down in Vallejo, then she has a shorter distance to her summer job in San Francisco.  So I went down over the weekend.  She's been back in Washington, D.C. going to Gallaudet University for the term and returns in August.   :'(

Yes, I would like pictures anytime  :D  I finally looked at  Newhills with Google and saw there is a Church there ( that only took me 2 years discover ).  Robbie there nicely sent me pic's focused in on their plaques.  But I remember? they are set up on the walls and it's a nice looking place.  I'd love to have some area shots of them to show people here, what Newhill's is all like. 
Margaret  Cozzens-Hardy is lair no 61 & Sydney is lair 62.
Margaret was the last of our line of Evans, in England and Ireland.  A great disappointment to find she died the year I was married, 1974.  If only the older ones hadn't lost touch with each other.  Oh well, whoever comes after me will have this at least. 
Have a lovely summer,  Katie

Evans England & Ireland 

Offline higgsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 06:54 BST (UK) »
Lochnagar

The photos I took were in the walled garden on the left hand side about half way down I think they are rememberance plaques for people who have ben cremated and not actual grave stones. They were very easy to find.

Norma

Offline Lochnagar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi , yes I managed to find the stones quite easily, and took three shots of the markers; they are memorial plaques as opposed to grave stones. It was a pretty dull and wet day when I took the photos but I'm sure they'll fit the bill. I contacted KT (via the web site) to see what size she wants the files emailed , but no news from her as yet.
Lochnagar

Offline Lochnagar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 10 June 10 16:32 BST (UK) »
I'm struggling here, can someone help please. I have the photos which KT wanted but I'm not sure how to get them to her. I did try and send a PM but I've had no acknowledgement, as to what size of files her email could take. What's the procedure do I just attach the photos in a PM or do I put them on the site and if so is there some limit to the file size. I did have a look round to see if there was information about this but maybe I'm missing it somewhere.
Lochnagar