Author Topic: SALTER, POWNEY & EATWELL in Calne  (Read 16721 times)

Offline Boatbuilder

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SALTER, POWNEY & EATWELL in Calne
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 18:53 BST (UK) »
I am in possession of documents: 1. 1889 Marriage Solemnization of Henry Salter to Mary Anne Powney Dated July 2 1889 in the Parish Church of Calne, County of Wiltshire.
Willing to chat re. Margaret Amy (nee)Salter Abey.  Mother of Mary and Sylvia, now living in the U.S.
Margaret was youngest sister of Harold Roland Salter.

Offline Boatbuilder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 16 June 09 19:58 BST (UK) »
Apologies, The Second document is Birth Certificate: Falkland Islands 1866
30th Day of August 1866 Mary Ann Powney 
Henry and Eliza Formerly Shevland,
 Profession of Father: Gaucho
Arthur Bailey: Registrar Registered on 4 Sept. 1878 Certified as a True Copy Numbered 289 in the Register Book of Births.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 17 June 09 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Boatbuilder

Welcome to Rootschat!  :)

Sadly, I lost all the records I had on the SALTER family tree when my computer crashed a while ago!  Despite that I think I have some paper records and of course many of them are preserved here, thanks to the power of the interweb thingy.

I just love "occupation gaucho" - that's a first for me!

You have inspired me to have a go at reconstructing (and backing up!) the family - many thanks indeed for sharing.

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 27 June 09 22:43 BST (UK) »
Gosh - just re-reading this and realise I didn't acknowledge Powney - welcome Powney and thanks for the information.

I guess you guys have more to talk about than just talking to me (I'm only distantly connected) - you must be cousins or something to each other!

I hope you all enjoy using the site.

I'm told that there is another researcher, Shann, who was in the chatroom but has yet to post on the boards - welcome Shann, I hope you find us here!

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline dannykilian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 08:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello All,

I do not know if anyone is still looking at this thread.  I am from the US and Harold Roland Salter was my great grandfather who married Elsie Taylor.  Their son, Desmond Salter, was my grandfather and my mother is Margaret Salter, daughter to Desmond and Sheila King.

If there are any relatives, I would love to speak with you.  Thanks

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Danny and thanks for your reply. I don't have anything to add to this thread but hope some of your relatives are still around and reply.

Kind regards, Arranroots 😊

Offline SimonForder

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 17 December 18 15:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have just found this link re the Powney family.
My maternal Grandmother was the daughter of Eliza Powney born 2nd Sept 1868 in San Carlos Falkland Islands. I have her birth certificate and her twin James, I also have the marriage certificate for  Henry Felix Powney and Eliza Shevland.
Recently I obtained the death certificate for Eliza born 1868, it shows she was still in close contact to  her father Henry Felix Powney as he registered her death in in Oct 1907 in Bristol, so he must have had some sort of care towards her then.
My Nan was born in Foxham near Calne in 1902, she did say something about some sort of Spanish roots but was this to do with the Falklands and Argentina?
Anyway I would love to hear from any other Powney connections.
p.s I also have the death certificate for Eliza(nee Shevland) Powney showing she died on Sept 2 1868 on the day the twins were born.Bye for now Mattknow.

Hello Powney :-) I've got a load of info on the Falkland Islands stuff - my great grandmother was your nan's elder sister Edith born 1897 in Malmesbury. Happy to share it. I'm struggling with the Shevelands and Goldings. I did get some information about the family from Wiltshire archives as well if youre interested? cheers, Simon