Author Topic: 1813 Ballyeaston Congregation Census  (Read 28507 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1813 Ballyeaston Congregation Census
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 22 February 14 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Fantastic. thank you so much.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 22 February 14 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
    See https://familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&query=%2Bfather_givenname%3Ajames~%20%2Bfather_surname%3Arobinson~%20%2Bmother_givenname%3Amary~%20%2Bmother_surname%3Abeggs~
    This gives some children for the couple. I think that the Scottish births are a different couple.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 22 February 14 22:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again, Kingskerswell. I did enter the children found on familysearch.  The information from Maryland did help me a lot with some spouses for the female Beggs, also males.
My Thomas had a sister Margaret born 1796 who, at the time of brother Robert's will written in Jan 1876, was married to James Waddell.  According to the Maryland family tree, Margaret had married to William John Wright and had a son William John Wright. I am thinking, but could be wrong, that William was probably her first marriage and James her second. I have looked for both marriages and both husband's wills, and wills written by Margaret using both surnames but found nothing. Margaret was born 1796 probably in either Carnlea, Carulla Parish or Brookfield, Ballyeaston or Kilbride, so thinking first marriage probably about 1814 and son William born perhaps 1816-1820.  James Waddell and Margaret were both alive in Jan 1876.
If you can find this couple, I would be deeply appreciative.
Peggy

Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline mwylie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 23 June 15 00:42 BST (UK) »
Sadly no at present I have no further info on Thomas & Elisa - it's quite some time since I worked on this line...........but that is not to say I have given up.
............it's just some years ago I had been given information relating to this line still in Kilwaughter, Larne NI, and even visited a cemetery there with my husband but sadly to no vail!!

This line has been very much my "Brick wall" but hopefully, with the help/assistance of another line of the family perhaps together we will be able to crack the ancestry of them all!!

Are you still following up on this family? May have some info for you.

Offline SiobhanMcQ

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 12 January 18 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if anyone's still looking, but I think the Thomas Pollock / Eliza Haveron mentioned here may be connected to my family tree.  The connection is through the Haveron side - I have an Eliza Haveron married to a Thomas Pollock, whose parents were James Haveron and Jane (or Jean) Kirkwood. There's also a list of siblings for Eliza - James, Patrick, Hugh / Francis, Samuel + Jane.

Offline BarbDM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 17 February 18 19:42 GMT (UK) »
Have you ever come across the names  Agnew & Kerr?
Information I have is Henry Agnew & Elizabeth Kerr we’re married in the Ballyeaston church.
They had a son Robert who also could have been baptized there.
Thanks

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 17 February 18 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Have you ever come across the names  Agnew & Kerr?
Information I have is Henry Agnew & Elizabeth Kerr we’re married in the Ballyeaston church.
They had a son Robert who also could have been baptized there.
Thanks

For reference more details-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=788059.msg6435133#msg6435133
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jason mac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 23 September 18 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hello

First post on here.  I am looking for information on McMurry's in the 1st or 2nd Ballyeaston registers.  I have managed to extract 2 families in the 2nd Ballyeaston Presbyterian microfilm held by PRONI.  James and George from the Grange of Ballywalter townland  I have also extracted a number of marriages from the GRONI website.  However the baptisms for the period from around 1840 onwards are not particularly readable on the PRONI microfilm of the 2nd Ballyeaston registers.  It is my suspicion there is at least one baptism in the period from 1840 onwards - possibly a Mary A McMurry in 1844.  Also I could only find one marriage on the microfilm, for George McMurry, and again his wife's name is unreadable.  Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Jason