Author Topic: Fitzsimmons/Allen  (Read 17559 times)

Offline maplekey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fitzsimmons/Allen
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 25 July 10 00:32 BST (UK) »
Apologies, my mistake.  I went back and tried again and found that I had entered too much information.  When I left out the Barony and just put the parish I got a result.  Thanks.

Paddy

Offline maplekey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fitzsimmons/Allen
« Reply #37 on: Monday 06 April 15 18:40 BST (UK) »
It has been a while since we have corresponded. I continue to try to connect my Fitzsimons family to others in the general area of Cappagh Parish. I came across this today and don't know if you already have the information or not, so send it along in case you do not.

From Familysearch.org

Marriage of William Fitzsummons to Cathrin Ann Allin, 29 May 1861, Upper Badoney, Tyrone, Ire. Father of the groom William Fitzsummons. Father of the bride, Samuel Allin.

I wonder if your William could be a son of the following couple:

January 9 1846   FITZSIMONS
SKELTON   WILLIAM FITZSIMONS f b farmer Eglish F=not stated and dead
&
SARAH JANE SKELTON 17 s Parish of Armagh F=THOMAS SKELTON farmer
W=JAMES KERR SKELTON & WILLIAM HAYES

I have been looking at them as possibly connecting to my family. I recently found a location earlier than Carnony. That being Ballyreagh, Tyr. on the border with County Armagh. This would put my man in close proximity to William and Sarah. I also know that my great aunt said she had an uncle Will and aunt Sarah. This is all speculation and I may not ever be able to prove it.

An aside, my brother has his Fitzsimons DNA on Ancestry. If you have a Fitzsimons from your line that may help prove a link. We have had a couple of hits.

Paddy