Author Topic: Martham/Lingwood  (Read 4978 times)

Offline Peter2009

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pollards of Martham
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 June 17 17:12 BST (UK) »
Thank you Trish for all the wonderful info. I has saved me a great deal of time. When the new Familytreemaker/Ancestry sync starts to work again I will upload my new 'Martham Graveyard' tree which will have many of the grave photos and I will add more as I go along.

Peter

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Martham/Lingwood
« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 June 17 10:32 BST (UK) »
Your welcome Peter.

FreeREG is a great Site and you can check Martham B/M/D there to help with your research.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline dmchardy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 28 September 18 00:37 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any further information on the William Waters mentioned in your thread please. I think this is the William Waters I am researching and have come to a dead end.

Peter - I also live near Martham church and wondered if you are also researching the Baptist burial plots over the road from the church

Offline Peter2009

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 28 September 18 10:13 BST (UK) »
Hi. Yes I have done the Old Baptist Church graveyard at Oak Tree Close, Martham. All the details and photos are on my tree called "Martham,Norfolk" on Ancestry but if you are interested in someone in particular let me know.

Offline dmchardy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 28 September 18 10:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks Peter, I was interested in the Waters family buried there. I did photo the graves for a lady in NZ as it was in her tree but I cannot make the connection with mine yet. I am now wondering if the connection is the William Waters who was married to Joanna.

Offline Peter2009

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 28 September 18 21:37 BST (UK) »
I am not really aware that there are any "Waters" buried in the Baptist graveyard other than Elizabeth Greenacre, nee Waters or Warters (Abt 1816-1885) the wife of John Greenwood (1818-1905) at plot No17.

Offline dmchardy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 28 September 18 23:26 BST (UK) »
Yes sorry you are correct, she did marry a Greenacre so it is the Greenacre family buried there and not Waters as I said. (It's because I'm looking at the Waters side so I'm looking at Elizabeth). Apologies for that

Offline Peter2009

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 29 September 18 09:00 BST (UK) »
All I have for Elizabeth is as follows:
Surname Warters per marriage record but Waters when the birth of each of her children were registered.

1842 - Married at St Nicholas Church, Great Yarmouth. John: Bachelor. Shoemaker and Elizabeth: Spinster. Servant. Groom's father Richard Greenacre a Shoemaker and Bride's father James Waters a Bricklayer In the Presence of Simon GREENACRE and Mary Ann BELSEY signed with her Mark

1861 - Elizabeth lived with her husband at Repps Road, Martham She was 45. Born Freethorpe, Norfolk, England

1871 - Elizabeth lived with her husband at Repps Road, Martham She was 54. Born Freethorpe, Norfolk, England

1881 - Elizabeth lived with her husband at White Street, Martham She was 65. Born Freethorpe, Norfolk, England

1885 - Buried Old Baptist Chapel Graveyard, Oak Tree Close, Martham.

28.11.1885 - The Fleggs. Oct/Nov/Dec 1885. Vol 4b, page 25. Aged 69.

If you are able to view my tree called "Martham,Norfolk" on Ancestry you will find several documents and photos under her entry.

All the best, Peter

Offline dmchardy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 29 September 18 22:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks Peter much appreciated