Author Topic: Scale board seller.  (Read 12257 times)

Offline finnisfinder

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scale board seller.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 June 10 11:46 BST (UK) »

Interesting to hear from you. I'm afraid that I don't know much about the family either post 1911.

I have Mary Stella b 1900, Anthony b 1903 and Philip b 1911. Which of the three are you descended from?

My mother in law had some memories of Phiilp but never kept in touch.

Hope to hear from you again.

Maggie

Areas: East Kent, Norfolk, Cornwall, Lincolnshire, Sussex, London area.
Australia, Canada

Offline EuniceM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 12 June 10 17:24 BST (UK) »
        I am very glad to hear from you, you are surely the only person who could

help me . I am the daughter of Philip . I would like to know when James an Winifred died ?

Is your mother in law still alive ? Is it possible that James died just after Philip was born

and Winifred married again ?

EuniceM

Offline finnisfinder

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 12 June 10 19:55 BST (UK) »
 I was astounded when I got your reply. My mother in law tried to find Philip a few years ago now.

They lived in the Medway towns when she was growing up. She remembers him taking her to a bridge near their home to watch  the trains go by. She is still alive aged 90. She has told me that it seemed as if he was sent away from home, don't know if he didn't get on with his step father. She thought he was sent to Northumberland, I don't know why she thinks that.

I've been doing the research into the Mollett family with the father in law of one of Winifred's great granddaughters. He has
 access to records other than on-line.

Winifred came to live on the south coast, died in 1944. We haven't found James' death yet.

We have a photograph of Stella taken in 1925. We think in France.

Winifred could speak fluent French, she played the piano and violin, sang beautifully, was an excellent cook.

I will be seeing her tomorrow, perhaps you could let me know some things about your father. I'm wondering how she will take
 it if I tell her. I don't want to give her a shock. Will take it in her stride I'm sure. We have discovered a lot about her family that
 was a surprise!

I will do a personal reply to give you more details at another time.

Maggie.
Australia, Canada

Offline EuniceM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 12 June 10 23:14 BST (UK) »
 Astounded is the right word for me too  !

My father never talked much about his younger days but did mention he had a younger sister

but never mentioned  his older sister and brother , I thought they had died when they were

young  but you have a photograph of Stella when she was about 25 years old ???

Philip married my mother  in Yorkshire when he was 20 . During WWII he was in the

Homeguard , they had two children , my brother and I .  All four of us came to Canada in

1952    My father and mother and brother have passed away ,my father in 1991 

Give my best regards to your mother in law.

EuniceM

Offline designhall1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 27 April 18 14:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggie,

I am related to Richard Hall (1797) who married Harriet Selina de Bouffler (1796) b 1796. Richard is my 4th Grandfather. I am a Hall and am working on the family tree. If you are able to help with any info on the Hall's before Richard and before Harriets parents - Andrew de Bouffler and Mary Redwood I would be most grateful. I am on Ancestry.com.au and can share my tree with you email address.
Thanks Daniel.

Offline finnisfinder

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 27 April 18 18:45 BST (UK) »
 I have found you on Ancestry Dan. When you do a search for family trees you will find mine, called Ingram Bromley Finnis in the hints section.

The family is my husband's line, descended from Harriet Hall 1818-1905, then Mary Ann Hutchens 1860-1943. Her daughter Mary Ann Amelia Mollett, was my husband's grandmother. She reinvents herself, led a colourful life. You can read about it earlier in this post. Got a little complicated!

Regards
Maggie.
Australia, Canada

Offline designhall1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 28 April 18 12:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggie,

Got your message thanks and managed to find the tree. It gave me another de Bouffler I did not have but you are the same point as me with Richard Hall. Pity as I am a Hall. If we are related through Harriet Hall then it has to be through Mary Hutchens and Noah as thats is all that is on your tree. This then leads to Fish so I assume this is your husbands or Fred's surname.

Offline finnisfinder

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 28 April 18 16:29 BST (UK) »
 Hello Dan, pleased you found the tree.
  I will send you more details on Ancestry about who we are! I've had a quick look and have possibly
  found Richard's father, John Hall bap 1772 and his mother Mary ?

I've busy today so will take a closer look at the notes I have found later.

Maggie
Australia, Canada

Offline designhall1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 28 April 18 16:40 BST (UK) »
You just caught me. Very late here in Sydney so off to bed. Yes I believe John and Mary are correct. You have that date I did not have so thats great.