Author Topic: findmypast ?  (Read 1405 times)

Offline chloed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
findmypast ?
« on: Wednesday 24 March 10 09:29 GMT (UK) »
I have forgotten [again] how to retrieve records i have already bought on this site,could someone remind me please.
davis,pantell,pearce.hereford<br />barker,hunter,marshall,,berkshire.<br />notting,small,vincent,house,michel,vyvans,tubbs,spearing,burriss,candy,chaldecott,dorset.<br />meyer,grant,heale,pengilly,winget,hawkins,devon.<br />lawes,dyke,drewett,coster,wilts/hants.<br />worwood,whellock,griffith,lee,,card,randall,london/lambeth/rotherhithe ,east wickham.young,tooley,nevil,chipping norton.legg, cheshunt.<br />scott,smither,spencer,taylor, farnham;surrey. halfacre ,hants.

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: findmypast ?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 March 10 10:18 GMT (UK) »
is it 1911 census records you are trying to retreive
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline chloed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 March 10 11:26 GMT (UK) »
no wozzle, it is chelsea pensioners records, i downloaded 2 pages and forget the last 2, does that mean they are gone and i have to pay again.
davis,pantell,pearce.hereford<br />barker,hunter,marshall,,berkshire.<br />notting,small,vincent,house,michel,vyvans,tubbs,spearing,burriss,candy,chaldecott,dorset.<br />meyer,grant,heale,pengilly,winget,hawkins,devon.<br />lawes,dyke,drewett,coster,wilts/hants.<br />worwood,whellock,griffith,lee,,card,randall,london/lambeth/rotherhithe ,east wickham.young,tooley,nevil,chipping norton.legg, cheshunt.<br />scott,smither,spencer,taylor, farnham;surrey. halfacre ,hants.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 24 March 10 11:30 GMT (UK) »
If you have used credits you will have to pay again - see their Terms & Conditions on the Help & Advice page.

Am I charged to re-view records?
You will not be charged if you look at a record more than once within the same session. However, if you leave the site, sign out, or your connection is interrupted, you will be charged to view the record again.

We recommend you print or save any images or transcripts you may wish to refer to later.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 24 March 10 18:06 GMT (UK) »
What a disgraceful rip-off.   >:(   Once you have paid to view a record, it should be permanently available to you - other sites manage this.

I had some free credits for FindMyPast with some genealogy software.  Most of them were wasted when pages failed to load properly, and I had to keep paying again.  It did not make for a very good introduction.   They continue not to impress me, what with their misleading advertising and unreasonable conditions.   :(
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.

Offline Alan b

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 24 March 10 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Most of them were wasted when pages failed to load properly, and I had to keep paying again. 

To late now but what you should have done is to contact them and tell them what pages were not loading and the might have credited some of your credits back to you.
Bloomfield, Knights, Whitmore, Warner (Suffolk)
Hamlin (London, Yorkshire, Scotland, Suffolk)
Mattocks, Newick, Nutter, (Kent)
Mattocks (Staffs)

Offline Sloe Gin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 24 March 10 20:46 GMT (UK) »
I did.  They wouldn't refund all of them though.  >:(
UK census content is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk  Transcriptions are my own.