Author Topic: Jesse Wightman - Lookup please  (Read 13247 times)

Offline wightman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Jesse Wightman - Lookup please
« on: Thursday 25 March 10 13:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Trying to trace a Jesse Wightman.  Probably born in Coldingham or surrounding area  b. 1822.  She was an aunt of Mark N Wightman b. Coldingham 1851 son of Robert Wightman b. 1811 Greenlaw.   She Married a Matthew Lee from Northumberland in 1852 & emigrated to Sacramento.  Their property was inherited by Mark on her death.  Is she a sister of Robert & who were her parents.   Many thanks for any help

Offline daval57

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Christmas 2011. My daughter Clare with me.
    • View Profile
Re: Jesse Wightman - Lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 March 10 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I can't help you specifically with your query.
However, I'd like to invite you to view my family tree which has some details of the Wightman family in the area you are researching.  We may be able to help each other.
The only way I can let you have access to the site is if you go to my link and ask request an invite.

The link is http://daval57.tribalpages.com

Towards the top right hand side of the page is a "request invite" button.  If you click on that, I will give you access.

I will then send you my email address so we can correspond directly.

Dave

-------------------
FORREST (Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire and Dunbartonshire)
ROONEY (Co Down, Co Antrim) 
BORTHWICK, FORTUNE, BARKER, SIVES (Lothians)
ANDERSON (Moray, Caithness)

Offline daval57

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Christmas 2011. My daughter Clare with me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 March 10 14:02 GMT (UK) »
PS - My interest is that John Wightman born c1755 d1813 (in Coldingham) is my 5xg grandfather.

Dave
-------------------
FORREST (Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire and Dunbartonshire)
ROONEY (Co Down, Co Antrim) 
BORTHWICK, FORTUNE, BARKER, SIVES (Lothians)
ANDERSON (Moray, Caithness)

Offline April

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 March 10 09:30 BST (UK) »
Robert Wightman was chr 28/07/1810 Greenlaw, Berwickshire, Scotland. His parents were Robert Wightman and Janet Crawford. In the 1841 census Robert is living in Tynemouth, Northumberland, England with his sister Janet "Jessie" Wightman chr 30/07/1820 Edrom, Berwickshire, Scotland and Mark Wightman chr 10/06/1813 Greenlaw, Berwickshire, Scotland

Janet Crawford was chr 3 Aug 1785 Greenlaw, Berwickshire, Scotland, daughter of Mark Crawford and Agnes Aitchison (1749-1816). Janet was living in Hutton in 1841 with her daughter Charlotte

April

Offline zacharri

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 May 13 09:09 BST (UK) »
first time, not sure if this right
I'm looking for anybody with grand parents of Timothy Wightman and Jean Gibson, Berwickshire, one of their sons is my great grandfather, Thomas, have siblings but would like their children, willing to help with Thomas's family
Jan

Offline squirejay

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 11 May 13 13:00 BST (UK) »
I have both Whitman and Gibsons on my tree from Coldingham and Berwickshire and also Midlothian, but do not have Timothy married to Jean!
There may be some connection somewhere.
My Great Grand Father was John Alexander GIBSON born 1850 died 1884 in Morpeth, Northumberland.
The Whiteman connection goes back to the early part of 19th Century, 1780s to 1850s
regards
John
GIBSON- Berwickshire(Coldingham, Edrom) & Northumberland(Berwick-upon-Tweed & Morpeth)
NAPIER in Edinburgh from 1700
ROBSON- Roxburgh(Kelso, Hawick & Jedburgh):~
DODS or DODDS Hawick, Kelso)
ELDERS (Hawick/Borders)
HOPPER- (Greenlaw and area)
KENNEDY- (Roxburghshire, Lillesleaf)
BLACK (Lanarkshire before 1861, Edinburgh after 1861 census )

Online sonofthom

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 14 May 13 09:35 BST (UK) »
A bit of a long shot perhaps but has anyone on this thread come across an Agnes Wightman born in England about 1795 who was married to James McFarlane; they lived in Lanarkshire. I can find no further information on her - no marriage date (perhaps in England?) and no date of death. Alex.
Sinclair: Lanarkshire & Antrim; McDougall: Bute; Ramsay: Invernesshire; Thomson & Robertson: Perthshire; Brown: Argyll; Scott: Ayrshire: Duff: Fife.

Offline annerb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 17 May 13 14:54 BST (UK) »
first time, not sure if this right
I'm looking for anybody with grand parents of Timothy Wightman and Jean Gibson, Berwickshire, one of their sons is my great grandfather, Thomas, have siblings but would like their children, willing to help with Thomas's family
Jan

I have a great deal on this family. Timothy's brother, Alexander, was my 3xggfather.
Who are you particularly interested in?

Best wishes
Anne

Offline caraid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 18 May 13 20:19 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have intrest in the Wightman family from Coldingham, Daval57 and my Husband have the same 5th G Grandparents. The name Timothy runs in the Family. I have a Timothy born 1789 Coldingham, but no marraige for him. His siblings used the name Timothy for their children too. What date did was your Timothy born?

Fiona