Author Topic: John Reid married about 1803  (Read 11018 times)

Offline Jonno12

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Reid married about 1803
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 03 October 15 18:58 BST (UK) »
Checked out the newly released 1855 valuation roll on Scotland's People. John Reid owned his own home at 14 Burnwynd, Jedburgh. Not bad for an elderly gardener.
Reid in Roxburghshire, McLoughlin in Castlebar, Mullin in Mayo,
Golden in Newry, Garvey in Belfast, Keane in Dublin.

Offline Chris Frater

• RootsChat Senior
  • Alexander Frater & Penelope Hay
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 14 August 20 11:17 BST (UK) »
I believe John Reid born 11 May 1806, Baptised 2 Oct 1806 in Jedburgh may of married 19 Jul 1835 to Isabella Bell in Wilton, Roxburgh... Had a child Agnes E Reid 10 Nov 1830 Hawick, Roxburgh.

James Brown  that married Margaret Reid on 16 Jul 1834, his parents Thomas Brown and Mary Rutherford. James died 13 JUL 1856, 14 Burnwynd, Jedburgh, Roxburghshire

Ann Frater /Fratter  died 25 Nov 1839 at Burnwynd, Jedburgh, Roxburghshire, aged 75 so that would make her birth at about 1776.
Their was  a Ann Fraiter born in 1777 to a William Fraiter of Cavers (Possibly) the Above Ann

Even tho Margaret was born 20 Nov 1904 and John born 11 May 1806, they was both Baptist on the
2 Oct 1806.

Be happy to send you any records I have.

Christine
UK, Scotland and Australia: <br />Surnames: Card : Frater : McKillop-Davies : Gurr : Williams : Russell : Davies : Pitt/Pitts : Sutton: McKillop: Pickering: Limburner: Jackson: Brown: Glover: Wright: Rapley

Offline Jonno12

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 14 August 20 11:47 BST (UK) »
Christine,
Thanks for the post.
I’m amazed at the information re Anne Frater’s death at Burnwynd. I have had no joy finding any record of her other than the baptism of the three children. I even paid a researcher at Heart of Hawick who found nothing. Anne is my 4x great  grandmother.
I have considered the John Reid, Isabella Bell pairing but if I remember rightly his place of birth given on the census was Wilton.
Any records you have would be much appreciated.
K.R’s
John

Offline Chris Frater

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 14 August 20 12:12 BST (UK) »
 Your welcome and I have sent you a message. :)
UK, Scotland and Australia: <br />Surnames: Card : Frater : McKillop-Davies : Gurr : Williams : Russell : Davies : Pitt/Pitts : Sutton: McKillop: Pickering: Limburner: Jackson: Brown: Glover: Wright: Rapley

Offline Jonno12

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 14 August 20 13:37 BST (UK) »
From given age of 75 at Annes death in 1839, she must have been born about 1864 (7 years older than her husband).

Offline Chris Frater

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 14 August 20 14:09 BST (UK) »
Opps   your  right her birth should be abt 1764 not 1776 like I said above :) maths isnt that great at this time of the night.

Offline Chris Frater

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 15 August 20 23:45 BST (UK) »
I was thinking that perhaps Ann was either married before John Reid or perhaps even had other Illeg children before John Reid... When she had these children with John she would of been 40 + of close to it. For back them it seems very late to be starting a family. (Just a Thought)

Offline RossGillbanks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 15 November 20 17:17 GMT (UK) »
Interesting as I am trying to locate an Ann (Possibly Anne Reid) from Roxburgh born around 1821-1825