Author Topic: Margaret McClelland  (Read 8484 times)

Offline heath

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret McClelland
« Reply #18 on: Monday 05 April 10 09:34 BST (UK) »
I think I have her Ellen Jane birth April-June 1898 film 101067 volume 1 page 152 Banbridge Armagh or Down.

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 05 April 10 10:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Heath.
Yes could be her but when she married in 1918 on the marriage cert it gives her age as 28.If she was born in 1898 she would have been only 20.
Does it give her father's name? As my father said she was born he thought in Armagh and my mother did visit as a child her family in Holywood which I think is in Co Down.
As my mother died 6 years ago I cannot ask her.My cousins donot know any more about her than me!
          Thanks again for your help.
Where are you in New Zealand?
                     Jean.
Illman-Sussex,Surrey and Kent. Marsh -Kent. Pack -Kent. Rolfe- Kent.  McClelland -Londonderry, Harris- Norfolk. Oakey, Okey- Ely Camb. Mott -Suffolk. Twin- Essex,Topley- Kent,Filmer- Kent,Harvey- Kent.Ward Kent.

Offline heath

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 06 April 10 09:10 BST (UK) »
Armagh Farmer Read and write - Widow - 32 6 5
McClelland Jane Ellen 26 Female Daughter Presbyterian Co Armagh Drapers Assistant Read and write - Single - - - -
McClelland Robert James 20 Male Son Presbyterian Co Armagh Farmers Son Read and write - Single - - - -
McClelland David John 16 Male Son Presbyterian Co Armagh Farmers Son Read and write - Single
although this might not be fully correct it could be very close.
ancestry was hopless.

Offline heath

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 06 April 10 09:13 BST (UK) »
Hoylwood is on the coast going out of Belfast south - A2  Armgh is a Catholic area to the west you go around the round about and get lost and you are there.

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 08 April 10 10:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Heath.
I take it that's from the 1911 census,if so Jane Ellen is too old if she was 28 in 1918.
But it does fit if her name or age was put down wrong!I think she did have a brother David and my cousin told me her father told her Robert was a unlucky name,maybe he died in WW1.
I know they were not Catholic so that fits too.

Thanks again for your help.
                     Regards Jean.
Illman-Sussex,Surrey and Kent. Marsh -Kent. Pack -Kent. Rolfe- Kent.  McClelland -Londonderry, Harris- Norfolk. Oakey, Okey- Ely Camb. Mott -Suffolk. Twin- Essex,Topley- Kent,Filmer- Kent,Harvey- Kent.Ward Kent.

Offline heath

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 09 April 10 08:00 BST (UK) »
yes I felt she was a bit old. but it might have been transcribed incorrectly. You don't know your gmothers name? there is often a naming pattern,and there is the David after the father, here.

Offline jeanharris

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 09 April 10 10:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Heath.
I take it you meant my Greatgrandmother's name.I donnot know it sorry.
My grandmother's name was Ellen Jane Pack nee McClelland.
My mother was Elsie Jean Pack and I was told as my name is Jean,it is after a aunt of my mother or grandmother was lived in Scotland.
                           Regards Jean.

Offline Dalzell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 03 April 17 02:07 BST (UK) »
HEATH:
Not sure if you are still searching for Margaret McCLELLAND born to Isaac McClelland and Mary Jane Purdy (daughter of Daniel Purdy) from Articlave.
I am researching the McClelland side of my mother's family from Articlave and have been looking to see where Isaac's family disappeared to.  This family were from Articlave Upper and Isaac shows up in the Valuation Records PRONI when he took over the farm in 1878 from his father Benjamin McClelland.  There is also a marriage record in Family Search for July 5, 1862. Children were Unnamed female b. 1864; Martha b. 1867; William John 1869; Margaret 1871; Elizabeth 1873.
I believe Isaac and my g-g-grandfather William were 1st cousins.  There is also a record for Benjamin McClelland in the 1st Dunboe Church pew seating records.
Please let me know if you were able to locate any more information and I will keep you posted when I find further info.  - Lorna

Offline Dalzell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 02:18 BST (UK) »
Hi HEATH:
Thanks for responding to me by PM.  I am grateful that RootsChat allowed us to communicate and exchange our family information and confirm our mutual information. Lorna