Author Topic: Ballybay -Weslyan Methodist  (Read 24532 times)

Offline L.Erwin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ballybay -Weslyan Methodist
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 15 January 11 00:42 GMT (UK) »
I forgot to mention that the first and middle names of two of their oldest children were Edward Simpson Erwin and William Raphael Erwin.  For a logn time I thought Raphael and Simpson were perhaps family names.  Then I realized that Edward Simpson was the name of the minister who married Jane and John and William Raphael was the name of the minister in Ballyeaston in the 1960 time frame when John was born and likely the man who baptized him - which means that is likely where he was born.  The church in Ballybay was what put me on to this thread in the first place.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 15 January 11 01:43 GMT (UK) »
Nothing on them... this is nearest I can find, from Ballybay 1st Pres.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline smjhunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 01 April 13 03:45 BST (UK) »
Robert,
  I'm interested in your Irwin/Hamilton couple.  James Hamilton was born in Ballybay 16 Mar 1774, s.o. Alexander Hamilton & Martha Neilson.  He married Margaret Irwin about 1807 and had a daughter, Martha, in 1808.  I believe James is a brother to my 3g-grandfather, Alexander Hamilton.  And I can't help but think there must be a link to your John Irwin/Miss Hamilton marriage. 
   James and Alexander also had siblings:
John, b. 21 Sep 1768
Isaiah b. 05 Oct 1776
Joseph b. 25 Jun 1784
Martha b. 19 Dec 1791
   Your Miss Hamilton could possibly be this Martha or a daughter of one of the brothers.
   My Alexander Hamilton, his wife, Jane Brown, and their 10 children emigrated to Toronto Twp. (now Mississauga), Ontario in 1830.   Small world.
Joan Hunter
Essex, Ontario

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php