Author Topic: Link: Nottinghamshire Guardian Newspaper  (Read 14179 times)

Offline Dizzifish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Link: Nottinghamshire Guardian Newspaper
« on: Saturday 27 March 10 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello all…

For those of us with Nottinghamshire interests the Gale Digital Newspapers have now added part two (thanks to Stan in the Common Room for the update) and we now have the Nottinghamshire Guardian which was weekly newspaper – coverage = Jan 04, 1849 - Dec 29, 1900.

I have already found some useful information for my lines.

So have your library cards ready….

http://infotrac.galegroup.com/itweb/ntm_ttda

Happy Hunting

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Link: Nottinghamshire Guardian Newspaper
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 31 July 14 10:37 BST (UK) »
Nottinghamshire library system no longer uses Gale newspapers. I was informed it was too expensive, not enough people were using it and other options were available.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 31 July 14 19:04 BST (UK) »
It won't accept my card number, never had that problem in the past.
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 31 July 14 19:11 BST (UK) »
I'm not having any problems with it, I know that they changed something on their system earlier this year and I had to re-find it.  Have you tried the link that I put in my last post.
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 31 July 14 19:39 BST (UK) »
Yes I did use your link. I have a couple of books to return so I'll have a word with the library to see if they can sort the problem.
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 01 August 14 06:33 BST (UK) »
OK Jay,

Let me know what they say.

Wendy

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 01 August 14 11:14 BST (UK) »
Tried your link,Wendy, says "your entry was not recognised as valid, access denied".
I asked in my local, very small library, what had happened. They asked further up the library line and I then had a note from ?? saying the Nottinghamshire library system was no longer using the site. Citing the above reasons. Shame I didn't keep the note I could have scanned it in...
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 01 August 14 11:27 BST (UK) »
I have just had an online conversation with a guy called Dan  at Nottinghamshire library, this is it.
 ME-Why can I no longer access infotrac.galegroup.com from my home computer using my library card ? Thank you
Welcome to Nottinghamshire Ask Libraries Service. We will be with you shortly
Librarian 'Dan' has joined the session.
Hello there. Is it Newsbank that you're trying to access?
ME-Yes the old newspapers
DAN-We no longer subscribe to that service. We do have the access to the Bristish Newapaper Archive, which has records of the Nottingham Post and other local newspapers.
ME _Is this only available in the library or can I get it at home please?
DAN -Apologies, but it's access from library premises only.
ME- Many thanks f or your help.
DAN -My pleasure. Have a good day.