Author Topic: ingleton windwill  (Read 10130 times)

Offline Geordie Mag

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ingleton windwill
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 22:18 BST (UK) »
Wonderful to have a family memory of Thomas. Alf's exploits have rather overwhelmed any memories of the earlier generation in our branch of the family. As for our relationship - I would have to draw up a chart to try to work that out.
Anyway, I'll have a search round for photos and I shall also let my aunt (who, of course, remembers Alf as Grandpa Lee from when she was a child) know that we have been in touch.
Northumberland: Little, Hogg, Tyers, Reid
Durham: Todd, Lee,
Cumbria: Ross, Ivison, Tyers
Yorkshire North Riding: Pybus, Alderson, Rutherford, Mudd, Wilson
Sussex: Selmes, Ashdown, Freelove, Mitchell

Offline pamh55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 23:22 BST (UK) »
Hello Lynne and Geordie Mag.    It is good that this link has been revived again.  Its some years now since I researched the Lee family and we shared information.
My husbands Great Grandfather was Frederick George Lee and his only daughter Annie, my husbands grandmother.  If I remember correctly, in 1911, Frederick was living with his daughter in Ingleton, who by this time had married Robert Hodgson  (who appears to have been working away from home at the time of the census) although I am not sure if it was at the Mill.  Annie had brothers called Alf and Arthur.  I understood that a lot of this line of the Lee family settled in the Trimdon area after 1911 together with Robert & Annie Hodgson (nee Lee) and also Frederick her father.    Sadly we don't have any photos but it is very interesting description of Thomas Lee, thank you.   

Offline Geordie Mag

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 02 September 15 20:22 BST (UK) »
Good to hear from you again Pam. I've rather let my research into the Lees lapse, recently, so its good to revisit (and rethink?) the information again. Reading through the back stuff, I see you mention having heard that a son of Thomas was miller at Summerhouse. Do you have any more on that?
I've sent you an email Lynne to set up a link for sending photos. I'll send them to you as well Pam if you want them.

Offline pamh55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 11 September 15 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hello again.  I agree it is sometime since I researched the Lees and Todds and even revisiting now I have found so many in the area, it is difficult to keep track.   Yes - even after the mill was bankrupt, I found that John Lee born Alwent Mill 1848 was still a corn miller on the 1901 and 1911 census and living at Summerhouse.   He is described as a "worker" so I am not sure if there was a mill at Summerhouse or whether he remained employed at Ingleton Mill after it was sold on.  In 1911 he was living alone at Summerhouse although still married and I traced his wife to the Infirmary part of the Workhouse in Darlington.  The don't appear to have had any children. 

Offline Geordie Mag

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 16 September 15 21:59 BST (UK) »
I see that in the 1901 census John and Rebecca  have an adopted daughter, Kate Eberth, born in Middlesex, like Rebecca.Somewhat intrigued,  I found the birth of Kathleen Eberth in 1892 in St Pancras registratio district. i did think she might be a child of Rebecca's, but can't find any record of a Rebecca Eberth. So perhaps this Kate was a niece. Anyway, nothing to do with our immediate line of research
I haven't got much further with the Lees. One census entry says John Lee was born at Allenheads, and there do seem to be a lot of Lees up there, including one who is a miller, but I haven't seen an obvious birth fro him. And as for the Todds....!

Offline Bluejohn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 24 January 16 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynne,
I dont come on here very often so have only just seen your post from last August.
Dorothy Colman is the grand daughter of Robert Colman. She is the daughter of Roberts son....Robert and Mary Colman. The son Robert also ran the mill at Hart. Both are my grand fathers many times back. Im am still looking for an elusive photo of the mill.

John

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 25 January 16 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi John,

I have just sent you a private message as your email notifications do not appear to be working at the moment.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline golliboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 28 April 16 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Geordie Mag, My name if Faith and I am Herbert Lee's great grand daughter living in Australia. My research has led me here and I thank you for the information you have shared. :D

Offline Geordie Mag

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 01 May 16 21:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Faith. Good to hear from you. I shall eventually send you a personal message, but you will need to make another two posts on this site before the personal message system can be used. Perhaps you could  tell me what you have found out about the Lee family so far.

Mag