Author Topic: SHAW FLACK - NSW Help please  (Read 9160 times)

Offline lesley51

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SHAW FLACK - NSW Help please
« Reply #27 on: Friday 22 April 16 01:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Marie,  information I have viewed at NSW Police Archives indicates that John Shaw was born in Junee, was 5'10" tall with fair hair.   He was worked as a wool scourer then a volunteer policeman.
Sarah Shaw (nee Thompson)  was married to John Thompson.   He and his brother James emigrated from Ireland.    John died of kidney failure.   Sarah and John lived in the Newcastle area. Children of John and Sarah are  Robert, Hugh, Stanley, Beatrice and (?)female.   The family referred to Sarah as 'Grandma Shaw'.    Descendants of these children are still located in the Newcastle area, not far from Lambton and New Lambton (where my paternal grandmother Beatrice) lived.

Hope this helps your investigations.
Lesley

Offline Moseleym

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 28 February 17 07:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone
Wow wow wow....no wonder I was confused!
Margaret Crombie is my 3rd great grandmother.....George crombie shaw my great grandfather...
I had been stuck with this for ages, and only today received death cert for James Andrew Shaw 1935, which lists father as Samuel shaw....I had father in my tree as an Andrew - so changed it back to Samuel, then thought let's just put the names in google again, and came up with this forum!
Thank you....

Offline Moseleym

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 08 March 17 09:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Margaret
I can't work out how to reply to your message!
I would love any information you have! Are you in the U.K.?
The system probably won't like me writing my email address in this message but it also says I can't access the chat feature at the moment, so I don't know what to do....
So I will try and say michelleamoseley at gmail dot com 🙂
Thanks so much
Michelle Moseley

Offline mandosandjake

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 22 March 19 06:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, just tried a homepage search for John Shaw Flack Policeman and got straight onto this message.  I have John Shaw in our family, who married an Anne Maria O'Neil.  They are both listed as parents on the marriage certificate for their son Arthur James Shaw who married Jessie Fanny Munns.  The name Flack came up on an ancestory.com.au search and I have John's father as Andrew Flack/Shaw with a mention of Germany?  My Mother Nancy is a Shaw (child of Athol Jack Shaw and Alice Clare).  I am hoping you are able to respond, I know that this thread is 9 years old so I have my fingers crossed.  kind regards, Amanda

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 22 March 19 07:04 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :)
Some information regarding contacting members privately.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM (Personal Message) facility. Attachments are not allowed on PMs. http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Very easy to send a PM (Personal Message). Just click on the circle (left hand side under the persons avatar/name, symbol looks like a letter/page). This will allow you to send a PM and exchange email or other information privately. Members will automatically be notified that they have received a PM.
To read a PM just click on “My Messages” (located on the brown strip, just below the Rootschat header/banner)
When a rootschatter is online the letter/page symbol lights up green but they do not need to be online for you to send them a PM.

Cheers  :)
CoL

Offline Moseleym

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 22 March 19 08:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello Amanda
Yes the post is pretty old but I am still digging around the family tree!
I have to admit I have not gotten much further with the history but do have some documents and info that I am happy to share.
Hope to hear from you
Michelle