Author Topic: Carrigtwohill,Co Cork  (Read 30162 times)

Offline Walsh-seeker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Carrigtwohill,Co Cork
« Reply #18 on: Monday 14 April 14 22:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for trying to help. I've looked through every single cemetery and grave  that looks to be near Carrigtwohill, on the Historic Graves site. But not all graveyards are up on that site, so I need to know which graveyards were/are actually associated with Carrigtwohill, and whether those graveyards are on line yet, or whether they are not, so I know where to search next.
Thank you! I am grateful for any ideas or information.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 14 April 14 23:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for trying to help. I've looked through every single cemetery and grave  that looks to be near Carrigtwohill, on the Historic Graves site. But not all graveyards are up on that site, so I need to know which graveyards were/are actually associated with Carrigtwohill, and whether those graveyards are on line yet, or whether they are not, so I know where to search next.
Thank you! I am grateful for any ideas or information.
Not all graveyards are online yet it is a "work in progress". I do know there is a very old graveyard near carrigtwohill I will try to get the name in the next few days. I visited it many years ago for my own research but most of the stones arent legible.  The Church doesnt have records of burials I believe Cork County Council looks after this area but unsure if they would have records for the era you mention :)

Offline Walsh-seeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 00:18 BST (UK) »
Ballydw, you are extremely helpful and I truly appreciate it!

I would love to know the name of the cemetery in Carrigtwohill! When I have the chance to go to Ireland again I will have to at least look.

I found out that my family lived in Ballymacoda Ladysbridge (for sure--- found the records on Roots Ireland with correct names and birthdates) but the Ballymacoda records do not go back far enough to trace my great great great grandmother, since she died at some point after giving birth to my great great grandfather in 1828. GGG grandfather lived in Ballymacoda with second wife and had three kids there before relocating to U.S. in 1853.

There are a couple of good possibilities for baptism of my gg in Carrigtwohill, but of course I would have to know if the mother died in the right years. (Of course it could all be moot if he was born in Ballymacoda!)

Are you or your family from Ballymacoda as well? I noticed the Bally in your name.
Thanks again!!!

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Walsh-Seeker.
Name of old graveyard in carrigtwohill is TEMPLECURRAHEEN there was old church there known as KILCURFIN which is located north west of Carrigtwohill. :)

Offline Walsh-seeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 16:37 BST (UK) »
Hi, Ballydw, and thank you for that information. I don't see Templecurraheen on the Historic Graves site nor on the Find a Grave Memorial site, so I may have to save that one for when I come to Ireland! :-)
You said you have been in Ireland, in that area. Is it pretty? I've been in Ireland three times and I've found every place I've been to be beautiful. However I've never been in Cork because I didn't know I had family from Cork until now. There are not too many photos on line of the Ballymacoda Ladysbridge area except for their sports teams! How would you describe the countryside (only if you have time to reply, of course!)

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 21:40 BST (UK) »

Offline Walsh-seeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 17 April 14 00:12 BST (UK) »
Those have some pretty ones! Thank you very much!  :)

Offline ubhig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 25 September 14 23:22 BST (UK) »
Just stumbled upon RootsChat and this forum RE: Carrigtwohill during my own research concerning Templecurraheen cemetery where according to my family history my great grand parents are buried.  Some info for Ballydw and Walsh-seeker. Apparently this area is more formerly known as Kilcurfin Glebe ( you can locate it with Google Maps - check Satellite and Street View) - very small cemetery (not well kept heavily overgrown). So far I have been unable to locate who has the records. Its not far from St Marys Parish in Carrigtwohill.  Hope that helps.

Offline Walsh-seeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 25 September 14 23:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks! I looked it up. At this link you can find a few of the graves listed.

http://www.igp-web.com/igparchives/ire/cork/cemeteries/templecurraheen.txt