Author Topic: Help  (Read 575 times)

Offline mek

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Help
« on: Tuesday 22 March 05 22:27 GMT (UK) »
Please help
I have just found this site and logged on, but how do I post my own questions about searching for a ancestor? :-\

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 March 05 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Hiya mek,

A warm welcome to Rootschat  ;D

Hopefully you will of got an email to let you know that I have split your post and then replied to it  ;D

If you are reading this then hopefully I can help.

This post is on the beginners board you'll see at the top of the thread there are branches showing the hierarchy of the boards.

You can start a new post in Beginners if you want to ask a general question on how to get started with either this website or your Family History search.  Here's how...

Where you see...

RootsChat.Com
     Beginners
         Beginners (Moderators: Welsh Jen, Kazza, Ticker)

...at the top

Click on the bottom "Beginners"

This shows you the Beginners Board and you should see a button near the top that says "New Topic" click that and you will be able to start a new post.

If you want to jump into a different board maybe related to a county then click on the "Rootschat.com" on the branches and that takes you to the index - have a look around and see where you think you want to post and teh method is the same.

Hope this helps you.

Best of luck,
Pam
 ;D
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!