Author Topic: Rose, Elizabeth b.10/01/1877  (Read 20506 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Rose, Elizabeth b.10/01/1877
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 01 April 10 22:46 BST (UK) »
LACHLAN CAMPBELL   Birth:  26 JAN 1822   Christening:  17 MAR 1822   Laggan, Inverness   Father:  ANGUS CAMPBELL   Mother:  ELSPIT KERR

Lachlan would be 19 in 1841 but ages were rounded down to the nearest 5yrs from age 16 upwards which is why he is shown as 15 

The IGI shows the following children born/christened to Angus & Elspit - all in Laggan

John c 29.9.1816
Ann b 2.3.1825 c 28.3.1825
Catherine  c   20.9.1827
Elspet c 24.1.1830
Hellen b 21.4.1832  c 14.6.1832
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline frimleyrose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 April 10 08:55 BST (UK) »
LACHLAN CAMPBELL   Birth:  26 JAN 1822   Christening:  17 MAR 1822   Laggan, Inverness   Father:  ANGUS CAMPBELL   Mother:  ELSPIT KERR

Lachlan would be 19 in 1841 but ages were rounded down to the nearest 5yrs from age 16 upwards which is why he is shown as 15 

The IGI shows the following children born/christened to Angus & Elspit - all in Laggan

John c 29.9.1816
Ann b 2.3.1825 c 28.3.1825
Catherine  c   20.9.1827
Elspet c 24.1.1830
Hellen b 21.4.1832  c 14.6.1832

Morning Carole....Again - I am amazed at your knowledge and help. I have so much to learn and am thoroughly enjoying it all. Thank you so very much.

Kind Regards June

Offline frimleyrose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 April 10 09:07 BST (UK) »
Hello June

IGI is the website at www.familysearch.org run by the Mormons - good for Scotland up to 1875.  Shall go and do a search for the family thanks to the info posted by CaroleW.

Alexr. Rose married Frederina Campbell on 12 Feb 1862 , Laggan, Inverness Scotland.

The above marriage and all chidrens birth entries will be available form the govt. ppv site www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk - free to register.  min £6.00 spend.  £1.20 to download each doc.

Shall post the 7 children pre 1875 now.

Here they are.....

1.  David Rose b.12 May 1862 Duthil with Rothiemurchus, Inverness, Scotland
2.  Catherine Rose  b.  07 Nov 1863, Laggan, Inverness
3.  Isabella Rose  b.18 Feb 1865, Laggan, Inverness
4.  Betsy Rose  b.  19 Oct 1866, Laggan, Inverness
5.  Angus Rose  b.  18 June1868, Laggan, Inverness
6.  Alexander Rose  b.  03 June 1870, Cromdale and Inverallan and Advie, Inverness
7.  Jane Rose  b.  27 March 1872, Cromdale and Inverallan and Advie, Inverness

(Shall pm you with info on how to search for all children born to a couple pre 1875).

Regards,   Steve  :)

Hello Steve...

Well I am so engrossed now - this is wonderful.  I started out with this to help my Mother (who has Dementia) as she loves to go back in time but can only recall bits and pieces.  My Mother is Jean Anne Campbell Grant Feasey. Born 30/08/1922 to Elizabeth Rose born 10/01/1877. Jean is the last surviving of 14 siblings born to Elizabeth who married James Grant.

Isn't it a minefield!

Kind Regards June

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 02 April 10 12:09 BST (UK) »
My pleasure.  At the very least you'll have to do the £6.00 spend on Scotlands People.

As you're probably aware by now, if you download the Alexr. Rose/Frederina Campbell marriage entry it'll give you a lot of invaluable info - including both parents names and mothers maiden names on both side.

In turn, any of those parents who die after 1855 -  should hopefully have their parents names on them.

Make sure you start putting the info into a Family History Package (and back it up somewhere).  there are some excellent ones out there.  I can't reccommend any.  There is a free one on the www.familysearch.org site.  If you elect to download it - you have the option to leave out the religious aspects of the download.

I also have individual family hard copy folders with copies of BMDs etc for easy reference.  I also use the print facility at the top right of the Rootschat messages - print of my family specific threads then run them through the photocopier at work to turn them into .pdfs, then save them on an external drive I have

Regards,   Steve

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 02 April 10 16:17 BST (UK) »
Hi

You may be interested in this offer which includes 6months free Ancestry Essentials access.  Scroll down to the Platinum edition

http://twrcomputing.co.uk/store/Family_Tree_Maker_2009.html
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline frimleyrose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 02 April 10 17:10 BST (UK) »
Hi

You may be interested in this offer which includes 6months free Ancestry Essentials access.  Scroll down to the Platinum edition

http://twrcomputing.co.uk/store/Family_Tree_Maker_2009.html

Thank you Carole, I'll have a look at that - I am so engrossed in all this just now and I should have been in the greenhouse!

Regards June

Offline james mcdonald

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 03 June 10 01:59 BST (UK) »
Hi frimleyrose
-just read your posting and wanted to tell you that we are related-Jane Rose was my great grandmother, married to Alex McDonald-I have a lot of information

Offline frimleyrose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 03 June 10 11:30 BST (UK) »
Hello James, I am so very pleased to hear from you  :). Do you live in the Highlands? It would be wonderful to discover more about

My Mother - Jean Anne Campbell Grant - was the 14th and last child of Elizabeth Rose, Jane's sister.

My Mother, at 88, is the last remaining sibling and I am trying to put together some history of her Mothers family.

Would it be in order to give you my email address on the site?

Regards

Offline james mcdonald

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 04 June 10 01:16 BST (UK) »
Hi -yes please give me your EMAIL address,I just joined up and I dont know how to work all the features on roots chat-I think you can send a private message somehow if you want to keep your email from public view -Jane Rose had a bunch of kids,three (illegitamate )before she met and married Alex Mcdonald and about  eight with him including my grandfather-I live in Howard County Maryland U.S.A-but you have lots of relatives at Inverness-MY FULL TREE IS ON Genes Reunited and Ancestry .com-Are you a member of either of these? the tree on Jane and Elizabeth goes back a long way with surnames :Milne,Fraser McIntosh,Murray,Kerr,Mcdonald,Campbell,Miller-Ive looked for a long time for a relative from Jane,so Great to hear from you, send me a message soon