Author Topic: Reynolds of Dromoland  (Read 5738 times)

Offline sonnyo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Reynolds of Dromoland
« on: Friday 02 April 10 12:19 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to locate any records relating to Patrick and Judith Reynolds of Dromoland.  Patrick was born around 1798 and Judith around 1800.  They had three children, Hannah born abt 1834, John abt 1836 and Catherine abt 1838.  They all migrated to Australia in 1854.  Patrick's immigration record lists him as a farmer.

I am from Australia and am having trouble locating any bmd records for Ireland.

Thank you .

Marie

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Reynolds of Dromoland
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 April 10 13:32 BST (UK) »
Civil registration of birth, deaths and Catholic marriages in Ireland started in 1864 (from 1845 for non-Catholic marriages) so you'll need to search for church records but many records from pre-1850 no longer exist.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline agho

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 02 April 10 19:13 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately, Clare is one of the counties in Ireland where the church records have not been made available online. However the Clare Library website has a lot of genealogical information http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclare/genealogy/genealog.htm
Burns Scotland/Australia/Cork
Fitzgerald East Cork
Lynch Glanmire/Glounthaune
Walsh Clare/Westmeath
Haskett
Murley Cork

Offline Paula Griffiths

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 October 13 06:53 GMT (UK) »
Sonnyo - I too am researching Reynolds of Dromoland.

My Stephen was born c 1805 to Patrick Reynolds.  Stephen married Ann Carmody c1834 before immigrating to Australia 1856 with his children, Bridget, John Thomas, Thomas and Anne.  He died in 1878 and is buried in Burramine Cemetery in Victoria.

Im an unsure if our families are related but would love to liaise further to confirm etc.

Many thanks

Offline sonnyo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 October 13 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello, My Patrick Reynolds was married to Judith Johanna Corbitt.  They migrated to Australia in 1854 in the Lady Kennaway with their daughters Hannah and Catherine and son John.  I don't believe your Stephen could have been my Patrick's son.  My Patrick was born around 1800. 

Regards

Marie

Sonnyo - I too am researching Reynolds of Dromoland.

My Stephen was born c 1805 to Patrick Reynolds.  Stephen married Ann Carmody c1834 before immigrating to Australia 1856 with his children, Bridget, John Thomas, Thomas and Anne.  He died in 1878 and is buried in Burramine Cemetery in Victoria.

Im an unsure if our families are related but would love to liaise further to confirm etc.

Many thanks

Offline Paula Griffiths

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 09:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Marie,
Apologies for the long delay in replying to your post.  I see that Edward was the father of your Patrick, I was wondering whether you had managed to find any more information on your Reynolds' family of Dromoland?

I found another family with very similar names in Mouhane and Aldecotty which is very close to Dromoland and then of course one at Rathfolan.  With the close proximity and very similar names it is very hard to pinpoint who is who. 

I look forward to hearing of any progress.

Warm regards.

Offline sonnyo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 10:43 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately I have not been able to find any new information about my Reynolds family.

The only way to confirm any links is through BDM records and that looks unlikely as these records were either destroyed or don't exist.  It is quite frustrating. 

Hope you have some luck.

Regards

Marie

Offline sonnyo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 10:53 BST (UK) »
I was able to get the details of Patricks parents from the NSW Australia assisted immigrant passenger list.  His mother was Catherine O'Neill.  Both Catherine and Edward are listed as deceased at the time Patrick migrated to Australia.

quote author=flower_pg link=topic=448036.msg5713063#msg5713063 date=1438157540]
Hi Marie,
Apologies for the long delay in replying to your post.  I see that Edward was the father of your Patrick, I was wondering whether you had managed to find any more information on your Reynolds' family of Dromoland?

I found another family with very similar names in Mouhane and Aldecotty which is very close to Dromoland and then of course one at Rathfolan.  With the close proximity and very similar names it is very hard to pinpoint who is who. 

I look forward to hearing of any progress.

Warm regards.
[/quote]