Author Topic: Surname BUTFOY origin pease.  (Read 16171 times)

Offline Boutefoy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Surname BUTFOY origin pease.
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 15 April 15 20:46 BST (UK) »

Please see www.boutefoy.net  or  www.geneanet.org for the French Boutefoy family tree.

Excuse me, I'm French and don't speak English fluently.

Bernard Boutefoy

Offline Churchie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Bessie Williams 1894-1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 16 July 17 06:53 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
I have started a new thread asking for Butfoy descendants who have DNA tested, as we are trying to finally make progress on the mysterious birth of Eliza Butfoy b1821.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=775058.msg6285192#msg6285192

Hoping this links to the new thread...

Caroline.
Church, Ciaccia, Mann, Butfoy, Boutefoy, Hulbert, Allar, Furneaux, Tylee, Carruthers - London.
Close, Davies, Thomas, Isaac, Williams - Carmarthenshire, Glamorganshire, Monmouthshire.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BeckyNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 22 September 18 03:22 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

New to this forum, but Butfoy is a name which features many times in my family tree, with my 3rd Great Grandmother being Rebecca Butfoy, going back up to my 9th great grandfather who was Charles Bouttefoy.

Fascinating stuff.
Nunn, Stanton, Butfoy, Coulson, Mayze, Nix, Veal

Offline BeckyNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 30 May 19 06:03 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am trying to trace the origin of the Surname Butfoy. I have been told it may be French?  My g g grandmother was Rebecca Butfoy who married Charles Nix in 1836 at St Leonards, Shoreditch.  She was born 1818 in Bethnal Green,  her father was James and mother Ann. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you, Sara.

Hi Sara,

My 3rd great grandmother was Rebecca Butfoy and if you search my family tree on Ancestry, I have traced the line back to the 1600's. It is French and we are decedents of the Hugenots going all the way back to Charles Bouttefouy and Catherine Deshay early 1600's.

It does appear they came to England via Rochester and settled in Canterbury before moving to London.

I myself are English, having been born the East End and my Father was from Battersea.

My Family tree is under Rebecca Taylor and you are most welcome to search this.
Nunn, Stanton, Butfoy, Coulson, Mayze, Nix, Veal

Offline chrisfromparis

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 31 December 23 13:49 GMT (UK) »
I have been able to trace my Huguenot ancestors back to Gabriel Boutefoy and Marie Charron.
My direct line is via their son Charles who was baptised on 1/11/1668 at the Threadneedle Street French Huguenot Church, London (the actual record is in book form at Salt Lake City and is not available on IGI film). This couple had at least 3 another children.
Gabriel and his descendants were all Silk Weavers.  It is believed, but not yet proven, that Gabriel was from French Flanders.
Over the years the spelling of Boutefoy evolved into Butfoy.
I am in Australia and would welcome the opportunity to exchange information.

Hello,

I'm wondering if Charles BOUTEFOY, married to 1/ Anne ROCOURT 2/ Anne DE VATINNES, deceased in Vigny (Val d'Oise, France - 50 km north-east from Paris) in March 5th 1735 at age of 69, is the same Charles who was baptized November 1st 1668 at Huguenot Temple, Threadneedle Street, London.

DE VATINNES / DEWATINNES is also a last name founded in Threadneedle Street registers, and parents of Anne DE VATINNES are Joachim and Catherine TOUROUX.