Author Topic: Christina (Christian) Ross  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Carol20

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Christina (Christian) Ross
« on: Thursday 08 April 10 14:13 BST (UK) »
Trying to find a photograph/ image of Christina (Christian) Ross b: 11 July 1867 Elgin, Scotland, father James, mother Elspet Dallas. Married at least twice, to Donald Urquhart and Alexander Hay but also had a son to Hugh Adams, Frederick my grandfather. I do have an oil painting of James Ross for any one interested in his image for their records.

Offline balrog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Christina (Christian) Ross
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 May 15 17:33 BST (UK) »
Hi have just seen your post my ggGrandfather was james Ross and my ggGrandmother was elspet Ross (nee) Dallas

Offline Carol20

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 May 15 18:20 BST (UK) »
Hi
I will attach a copy of my painting of James Ross if you do not have a copy. I have lots of other bits and pieces I have managed to collect with regards to James and his family. he is referenced in a book about the Morayshire railway and Elspet did have a bit of a criminal record...which I have a copy of. Unfortunately all my mothers family photographs which I just remember were destroyed, these included the children of James and Elspet and especially Christina Ross their daughter, hence my call out for anyone with images of the family. I also have scans of documents, letters etc that I got from another descendant  who has since passed away, these make reference to William Ross and James Ross. Are you aware there is a painting of the train being driven by James Ross in Aberdeen Art Gallery and tales of him having to kill a shark found on the railway line - a colorful character
Bye for now
Carol

Offline balrog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 May 15 18:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,would love to see the documents you have got. I no about the painting of the railway. Didnt know about Elspet Dallas record. I have seen the painting of James Ross. My g Grandfather was charles george ross.