Author Topic: Muthill, Perthshire.  (Read 82486 times)

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Muthill, Perthshire.
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday 22 March 17 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi mackie0192837465

I had a look through the MI book for Muthill old cemetery and found the entry below

"by John TAYLOR fr Camshiny imo s John 5.4.1804 27. (west side) Here lies Ann MILLAR 8.2.1816 70, h John TAYLOR fr Cambushinnie. share, coulter, sandglass "

Yours Aye
BruceL

Offline aylene

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: Thursday 17 September 20 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hi, have been searching for the birth of my 3 x great grandfather, John Gardner or Gardiner. He appears in the 1841, 1851, 1861 and 1871 census in Fintry and always gives his place of birth as Muthill. On his death certificate (1875) it says the same. His father is listed as William and his mother as Mary Drummond. I found a William Gardiner, farmer of Craigneith, and downloaded his will from Scotlands People. No mention at all of John, maybe he was disinherited  :( John was a labourer all his life, while William Gardiner seems to have been a reasonably successful farmer, which makes me think I am going in the wrong direction there. John was born in 1799 / 1800. He married Agness Barr and their children were Janet 1847, Margaret 1849, Anges 1851, William 1854, David 1857 and James 1860. Thanks very much in advance for any help! Aylene Gardiner
Auer,  Baden Wurttemberg, Hackney
Benjamin, Poland / Russia
Calder, West Lothian
Neil, West Lothian
Smith, West Lothian
Smith, Carluke
Aitken, Torphichen
Gardiner,  Stirling area
Gibson, Carluke
Mahony, Mahoney, O'Mahony Dungarvan
Godefroy, Wirral
Guile, Wirral
Burnside, Carnwath
Clark, Leadhills
Berwick, Dumfriesshire
Carlisle
Lee Henley in Arden, Warwickshire, Wootton Wawen,
Thornton Norfolk, Dover

Offline HeatherConnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday 12 May 21 22:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Bruce, In 1853, the Rev. Mr Walker, in Muthill, wrote a letter to Crieff Kirk Session confirming that he had baptised an illegitimate child, born to Mary Stewart, about four years before, so around 1849. I have looked at the Kirk Session Minutes for Muthill, and searched for a record of baptism on S.P. but haven't found any trace  of this child. It would be really great if you could take a look. All the best, Heather
Adam, Allan, Anderson, Barrett, Berry, Blues, Booth, Brodie, Brough, Bruce, Bullions, Butchart, Caithness, Cameron, Cargill, Cochrane, Craig, Doig, Black, Falconer, Fotheringham, Gavine, Gray, Lilburn, Lynn, Martin, McBay, McDonald, McKechnie, Melville, Menzies, Moir, Mudie, Murray, Myles, Pike, Proudfoot, Roberts, Rollo, Roy, Rutherford, Sandiman, Scott, Stephen, Stewart, Taylor, Thornton, Whyte.

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: Thursday 13 May 21 06:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather
It is the register of Episcopalian births I have, I have had a look and unfortunately there is nothing listed.
Not all births were recorded in church records and a lot of the correspondence was not kept.
Yours Aye
BruceL

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: Thursday 13 May 21 07:01 BST (UK) »
So the stone has these items carved on it Bruce?

Skoosh.

Offline HeatherConnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: Thursday 13 May 21 07:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for looking Bruce. I knew Mary was Church of Scotland, but there was a possibility that the father was not.
Adam, Allan, Anderson, Barrett, Berry, Blues, Booth, Brodie, Brough, Bruce, Bullions, Butchart, Caithness, Cameron, Cargill, Cochrane, Craig, Doig, Black, Falconer, Fotheringham, Gavine, Gray, Lilburn, Lynn, Martin, McBay, McDonald, McKechnie, Melville, Menzies, Moir, Mudie, Murray, Myles, Pike, Proudfoot, Roberts, Rollo, Roy, Rutherford, Sandiman, Scott, Stephen, Stewart, Taylor, Thornton, Whyte.