Author Topic: Edwards, Pontrhydygroes  (Read 5518 times)

Offline Maled

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards, Pontrhydygroes
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 December 11 03:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jill,

I'm Malcolm, some of my family were in Pontrydygroes in July just passed we ran into our uncle Dilwyn he runs the garage / post office near the bridge.

Offline Jill Shaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 December 11 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Malcolm,
I'm your grandfather's cousin. I remember him as a young man -very handsome and full of fun with his curly hair- going out courting Barbara on a Sunday afternoon probably in the later 1950's/early '60's. My family often used to visit Thornbury Road then. Jack's mother Clara was my mum's eldest sister.
I called to see Jack's sister Chris last year when I was passing close to where she lives, and only yesterday received a letter in a a Christmas card. I will pass on a print out of these emails.
I can tell you more about Clara's side of the family if you're interested.
Jill

Offline Maled

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 21 December 11 10:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jill,
I will be talking to dad tomorrow, what is the name he will know you by?

I will mention our correspondence is there anything in particular you would like me to ask him?

It would be nice to find out any thing you have on grandmas side of the family

Merry Christmas

Regards

Malcolm

Offline Jill Shaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 21 December 11 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello Malcolm,
Jack will know me as Jill, Aunty Em and Uncle Ray's daughter, sister to Ian. I can't have been more than 10 when I last saw him.
I'm still in touch with several cousins, though two have died as well as your Uncle Keith. There were 20 of us on your grandmother's side.
I  met your cousin Jane when I was in Australia a few years ago and went to see Gwen briefly. Christine told me that Jack had visited her when he was in England a few years ago.
Regarding asking him anything, just news about his life and family, really. I'm not sure how to send private messages on this site, but it's probably best not to pass on detailed  family information via this forum. Therre must be a secure way to pass on email addresses etc. I'll investigate.

Give your dad my love. Happy Christmas.

Jill