Author Topic: problem finding marriage  (Read 875 times)

Offline gillj

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
problem finding marriage
« on: Thursday 24 March 05 13:12 GMT (UK) »
I have a birth certificate for Elizabeth Wakeley born 14/8/1861 at Waxhill Barracks Lilleshall. Her parents are shown as Thomas Wakeley and Sarah Wakeley formerly (as far as I can make out) Bould. What I cannot trace is details of their marriage. The only thing I've found is on familysearch.org where it shows a Sarah Bold marrying Thomas Wakley 1/10/1860. I do know that Sarah Wakeley died and Thomas remarried in 1884 and he is shown as a widower on that certificate.

Any help gratefully received.

Gillj
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Hammond - Cheshire/Lancashire
Penn - Cumberland
Brooke - Ireland
Stark - Scotland
Jenkins - Newent,Gloucestershire
Wakeley/Morris/Stubbs - Shropshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Paul E

Re: problem finding marriage
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 24 March 05 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi gillj

If you found it difficult making out the 'Bould' on the birth certificate, maybe the person transcribing the marriage details into the IGI had a similar problem.  If the area of the country is right it would seem that the marriage you have found is  a reasonable match if you can't find anything else via freebmd, or on the full index at 1837online, for example.

cheers

Paul

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.