Author Topic: Ripple Court  (Read 14739 times)

Offline MattFM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ripple Court
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 01 August 13 11:02 BST (UK) »
Hello I have Frederick W L Sladen marrying Henrietta Barton and having two sons Charles and Rudolph.  Rudolph married Elizabeth Ball and had two children Richard and Valerie.  Have you got a copy of FWL Sladen's book?

Offline Tsladen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 02 August 13 06:16 BST (UK) »
My father Richard Sladen has the original manuscript for "The Humble Bee".

Offline Tsladen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 02 August 13 06:21 BST (UK) »
Richard Sladen married Danielle Kochanowski and has 2 sons, Trevor Sladen (me), and Kevin Sladen.  I am engaged to Christie Wilson and we have a daughter Marina Kai Sladen.
Valerie Sladen married Ron Jackson and have 2 kids, Ryan Jackson and Kim Jackson

Offline MattFM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 06 August 13 22:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trevor, I am in touch with your Aunt Valerie and my father remembers your grandfather Rudolph.  Contact me via PM for more information.  Matthew

Offline dora beaman

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 15 May 15 16:07 BST (UK) »
 (RIPPLE COURT) ...My ancestors came to Jamestown, Va. with Captain John Smith, 1607 and Captain Daniel Gookin, 1640, from England, specifically... Ripple Court, Kent England.  Family names can be found on bronze plaques on walls of 'The Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Kent England (so I've been told- trying to find a picture of that).  I have photographed family names on the plaques in the 'Jamestown Memorial Church, Jamestown Island, Va. - Gookin, West, Spencer,
  A family member visited our 'roots' - Ripple Court, in 1973. She met a lovely family that lived in Wickhambreaux, England, that showed her around.  I have a wonderful photo of an estate but do not know if its Ripple Court, or Wickhambreaux...  In all my research, I get conflicting information of the original buildings, whether all there or not...  Would anyone have more information? I would be greatly appreciative.  ... And I may have some information that could also help you.  Thank you,

Offline MattFM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 16 May 15 11:31 BST (UK) »
There are in fact two Ripple Courts in Kent, one near Ashford and the other near Deal. It is the one near Deal that the Gookins originated from. One building from the Gookin era still survives, but the current house was built by John Baker Sladen. I've sent you a PM.

Offline cslayton19

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 03 December 15 19:10 GMT (UK) »
I would be extremely interested in locating this on Google Earth or whatever. I have been frustrated in figuring out which is which, and my nearest contact is in Canterbury.
I have a YDNA test going to the lab, from a descendant here in America, and am hoping to find one in Old Blighty who has a result, or is interested in getting one. We are months away from this first result on Family Tree DNA.
Anyone anywhere who is a direct male descendant is encouraged to contact the Project, especially known lines from British and continental Europeans.
Clinton
Slaton Slatten Slayden Y - DNA Project
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/SSSFP_YDNA

Offline cslayton19

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 03 December 15 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Failed to mention: our results can also be viewed via the Guild of One Name Studies website - Slaton page. We recognize the many (over 30) spelling variants, but Slaton in INDEX will get you there, whether your interest is Sladen, Slatton, etc

Clinton