Author Topic: Kearney  (Read 4037 times)

Offline SJHK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Kearney
« on: Thursday 24 March 05 22:43 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the parents, date and place of birth of James Kearney a tailor (born c1792) in Cork according to 1841 Census taken in Shoreditch London.  James had 4 children, three of whom were probably also born in Cork - John born 21.1.1818, Charles  born c 1820 and James born c 1822.  It seems likely that father and three sons came to London some time between 1822 and 1826 when a daughter Maria was born in London.  James' wife Sarah was also born in 1792 but she was born in London so I dont know when and where they were married.

Any info on Cork Kearneys from early 1800s appreciated
Phillimore-Wilts/Hants
Haines
Salathiel
Haworth-Wilts
Sellers

Offline hlbradd

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Kearney
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 April 05 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah !!!

Fancy seeing you here ;D

'fraid I've been doing hubby's side of tree so have neglected the Kearney/Bataille side lately.

Helen
(from GenesReunited)
Warwickshire - ADKINS / KENNARD
Hertfordshire - BRADD / ROBLETT / THOROGOOD / WATSON
ABURN - BLANKS - BLOGG - BURGESS - FERRY - FREEMAN - GOODRICK - GOTTY -MEECH - MIDDLEDITCH -  RUSSELL - PLANT - THURSTON

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kenp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 March 06 10:34 GMT (UK) »
my great grandfather is a James John Kearney born 21 Jan 1818 who married a Mary Ann Bataille on 31 Mar 1839 in Hoxton East london. This looks a good fit with your enquiry about JJK's father from Cork. If interested I can only give you from JJK to date down the line of one of his children (alfred John).

I would also be interested in Kearney family history as I have recently moved to Ireland (county Longford) having been born and bred in London and not realising the Kearney side of my family was so recently first generation Irish if JJK's father came from Cork and JJK was also born in Cork.

Offline hlbradd

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 March 06 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ken

Have emailed you!

Helen (from London Ancestor)

;D
Warwickshire - ADKINS / KENNARD
Hertfordshire - BRADD / ROBLETT / THOROGOOD / WATSON
ABURN - BLANKS - BLOGG - BURGESS - FERRY - FREEMAN - GOODRICK - GOTTY -MEECH - MIDDLEDITCH -  RUSSELL - PLANT - THURSTON

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline The Golding Line

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 19:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi

My ancestors are also the same people I think? I was surprised to see your post.

In our family we have John Kearney (born in Ireland) who married Mary Ann Battaille (I know nothing about her, other than her father may have been a William) All I know is they married in 1839 in shoreditch. They had 3 sons. One of the sons was Henry Joseph Kearney born 1857 ( my great grandfather). he became an umberella maker.
I have Henry Joseph kearney birth certificate. It states his father was a tailor and his mother lived at Nichols street.

I'd love to find out some more on thebirish side.

Are these the same people?

Offline kenp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 15 November 17 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Dear Sender of recent Kearney information.

I believe someone in the Kearney family in the UK can supply details of Bataille from Huguenot sources back to John of Picardy in France.

I would be very interested in the Kearney ancestry in Ireland. I moved to Ireland 14 years ago and I can therefore visit and do local research. my direct email is (*)

regards Ken Percival

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline kenp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 17 November 17 01:30 GMT (UK) »
I am also interested in this branch of Cork Kearneys as I am descendant of son John.

I live in Ireland so I can visit Cork to look into any leads. Do you have any information please?

regards Ken Percival

Offline VA Moore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 10 May 18 18:06 BST (UK) »
Hi
My g-g-g grandfather Bernard (also called “Barney”) Kearney, was born in Ireland around 1794, and said to be from County Cork. He immigrated to Prince Edward Island, Canada by 1819, with his wife Mary (possibly Marcella). His father might have been John or Walter Kearney. I’m trying to confirm where he came from in Ireland.
(Wondering if that James Kearney, born in Cork in 1782, mentioned in another post could possibly be a brother.)
Thanks

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 10 May 18 18:34 BST (UK) »
You can try looking for him on   https://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/

just put in the following!!

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.