Author Topic: BRODIE David Death Cert 1925 Linlithgow  (Read 9390 times)

Offline Islander26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: David Brodie Death Cert 1925 Linlithgow
« Reply #9 on: Monday 01 October 12 18:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob, Sorry, I have no knowledge nor record of an Eloise. I’ll need a little more detail! :-[
Gartlan, McLean, Dean, Brodie

Offline Rob2012

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 17:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter - Will let you know if I turn anything up but I think Eloise is likely to be a grand-daughter of David Brodie, like my mother.

David Brodie is my maternal Great Grandfather (not GGGf). But I suppose that would still make us distant cousins :-)

It is interesting to see that the address given for David Brodie, brother on the death certificate of John Brodie on your website,  as this is on the High Street, Linlithgow near the Loch which would match my mother's descriptions of where she should to visit her grandmother Elizabeth Brodie.

It has been quite exciting making some progress here so quickly after only the first quick search online. Hopefully I can do better once I find any of the old papers or death certificates.

Many thanks.

Rob
Brodie, Davie, Bryce, Cameron, Marshall, Pearson

Offline Islander26

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 19:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob,

David Brodie (1863 – 1925) was my great grand uncle - i.e. my great grandfather, John Brodie’s (1855 – 1920) youngest brother. Our common ancestors were our great, great grandparents John Brodie (~1825 – aft 1881) and Agnes McKenzie (1822 – 1871-1881) which I think makes us third cousins!

You seem to have quite a few family memories – I trust you are recording these! As well as creating a family tree!

Post a comment on my Brodie Website, and I (and only I) will see your e-mail address so we can keep in touch (and send attachments) more directly.
Gartlan, McLean, Dean, Brodie

Offline JOY4080

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BRODIE David Death Cert 1925 Linlithgow
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 July 15 20:18 BST (UK) »
Hi, really don't go on this site very often, My Granny was Agnes Martin and my mother was Elizabeth Davie Martin, I also have some birth, death and marriage certs and pictures looking for a home as none of my children are really interested, if you want them please get in touch, believe Peter has given you my email, am in BoNess by the way.

Kind Regards
Joy

Offline Rob2012

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BRODIE David Death Cert 1925 Linlithgow
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 16:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much, Joy.

I have sent you an email with the address given me by Peter.

Hopefully that is still the correct one. I look forward to hearing from you.

kind regards,

Rob
Brodie, Davie, Bryce, Cameron, Marshall, Pearson