Author Topic: McGuire's of Edenderry  (Read 6200 times)

Offline DarrenO

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
McGuire's of Edenderry
« on: Monday 19 April 10 23:40 BST (UK) »
Hi

Just in case anyone else is researching the same family, if you have James McGuire born 1873 then he is great grandfather of my wife. He was buried in Feb 1939 in Edenderry but I need to confirm everything. His father was Patrick McGuire but I don't know who his mother is.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Darren
Rourke's, Bowe's and Lawlor's of Carlow  Adamson's, Walker's, Nugent's and Murphy's of Dublin  O'Dea's and Keating's of Limerick  Murtagh's and Reilly's of Westmeath

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McGuire's of Edenderry
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 April 10 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Darren,
I was in Edenderry yesterday checking the COI cemetery and noticed the RC  cemetery on the way into town. Quite a big cemetery and very busy  (with 'live' people!!)
I can take a walk around to check on Maguire's and post whatever I find. Might be of some use to those with Edenderry relatives.
Jack

Offline DarrenO

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 April 10 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Jack, that would be very much appreciated, what a generous offer. Hopefully you find James.

Regards
Darren
Rourke's, Bowe's and Lawlor's of Carlow  Adamson's, Walker's, Nugent's and Murphy's of Dublin  O'Dea's and Keating's of Limerick  Murtagh's and Reilly's of Westmeath

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 April 10 20:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Darren
Had a walk around, with the 'missus' (Anne) but only found
Thomas Mc Guire, St Mary's rd
26/3/1964 (86)
wife; Brigid; 29/3/1969 (91)

We must have missed James headstone. It's a very large cemetery and I don't think I'll make it over again, before my 'Hip' replacement operation!!!
Sorry about that, but I will keep it in mind.
Jack

Offline DarrenO

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 May 10 17:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Jack

Thank you very much for taking the time to look for James in the cemetary, I believe Thomas is related as i've heard mention of him when speaking to my wife's aunt. Might do a bit of digging around Thomas and Brigid.

The very best of luck for your operation, hope it works out well for you.

Regards and thanks
Darren