Author Topic: SA death lookup - Charles Henry MOTLEY -COMPLETED  (Read 7217 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SA death lookup - Charles Henry MOTLEY -COMPLETED
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 04 July 17 09:31 BST (UK) »
Hi char90,

May I ask. Who you are and how you know this information about my family?

You have joined a public family history forum where members help one another with their research.  There are many resources for researching about your ancestors.  JM has given you a link to the resources board and then there are online subscription only websites that have many indexes for bdm's, electoral rolls etc.  I also have quite a lot of resources which I use to help other people.

Henry (Mick) never did marry Stella although she was known as his wife.

and you wrote previously

Henry is my great grandfather. Once he moved to South Australia he married Stella Thouliss and had two children, Neil Charles Motley is my grandfather and he passed away 10 years ago at 58years old.

You need to be as accurate as possible with your information.  It is obvious that Charles Henry Jnr did not move to South Australia.  He was born there in 1902 and married in 1920.  He actually left a wife and two children in South Australia and by 1942 was living on the riverbank at Swan Hill.  It is possible that you have been given family stories that may have become distorted over the years.

Do you need any further help with your research?

Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline char90

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SA death lookup - Charles Henry MOTLEY -COMPLETED
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 04 July 17 10:17 BST (UK) »
No I have more than the right information about my own family. He moved back and forth in search of work.
As did his son Henry Charles jr. married in SA and then moved to Victoria where he met Stella Thouliss (my great grandmother) and had two more children.
Both men where alcoholics and died of the same disease from their addictions.