Author Topic: Rollison In Wicklow  (Read 8936 times)

Offline NR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rollison In Wicklow
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 April 10 11:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shane

I think it may be him too but, as i'm sure you know, it's hard to confirm as the dates are different.  I have got a copy of the record and it shows his parents names and there is also a brother being baptised a few years later.

The annoying thing is that I have him joining the Constabulary and he says his age on the registration record but if it's true then he would have been born in 1831!  When he immigrated to Australia he quotes his age and that would also mean he was born in 1831!

I'm starting to think that no one would have actually known his actual age or DOB.  He always quotes a younger age.  I don't suppose age was as important back then.

I just need to find some more info to confirm this bapitsim\birth record.

Would the marriage certificate have the parents names on it?

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 April 10 11:19 BST (UK) »
If it's Catholic marriage, there will be no marriage certificate only a church record (usually a transcript of a register). The details on these vary by parish and over time - it may include father's names, but there's no guarantee.

A few RC parishes recorded many details at certain times for marriages including both parent's names and addresses etc. Other parish records only include very basic details - e.g. the marriage of my g-g-grandparent in Bray in 1849 only includes the date, their names, plus the witnesses, and nothing else.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline canberraguy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 11 July 16 10:49 BST (UK) »
Hello NR I have a picture of the headstone of William Rollison  at St Frances de Sales, Mount Barker cemetery. These headstones are all against the fence and it seems they are clearing the cemetery. The photo was from a lady who runs a facebook page called "Cemetery exploring in purple boots"

copyright images removed by moderator

Offline canberraguy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 11 July 16 11:49 BST (UK) »
Hello NR

Looking through some of my pictures it appears Mary Rollison was one of the early pioneers of Mount Barker. this picture is this year for the 80th anniversary of the Women pioneer memorial tree's that were planted in honour of the first Women pioneers in Mount Barker SA.

copyright images removed by moderator

Offline NR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 11 July 16 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Canberraguy

Thanks for the photos, I have been to the cemetery but had not seen the National Trust memorial, so thanks for this.

Regards

NR

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 11 July 16 14:15 BST (UK) »
Please remember that the images published on RootsChat must be either your own or posted with the permission of the owner.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk